C4 Forums | Control4

Bought a house with Control4 system

Folks

Just moved into a house that a Control4 system installed. Previous user was using it primarily to control lights across the house.

The system was hooked into his wifi. I've setup my own router now. All the Control4 stuff (controller and switches) is untouched and still in the house and connected.

How do I go about connecting the Control4 system to my wifi? I just want the ability to control lights from my phone when I am home (I believe there is a Control4 app). Don't need 4Sight which is remote control I think.

How do I make the existing system operational?  

Do I need a dealer to move accounts? Do I need an expensive service call to make this thing operational?

Help and direction would be appreciated.

Thanks JStrong. Thanks for the reply. It's obvious I don't understand how the system works and my description surfaced that.

The primary controller is indeed hardwired via Ethernet. Not sure what more is needed other than create a new account and associate it with this controller. I am just looking to get it operational in its current shape or form and struggling to figure out what/who I need to make that happen. 

do You have a remote control ? 
what model control4 controller is it ?

any touch panels ?

so you don’t have a control4 login now ?

You definitely need a dealer to get it operational if it’s not working now. He has to login to your controller and register it for starters if you don’t have logins.  

If you have Alexa devices you might want to think about integrating these into Control4 once it is up and running as I find that really useful.   You might need 4Sight to do that, but that is a good deal if you want to get Composer HE which let's you do the programming yourself.

16 hours ago, zaphod said:

If you have Alexa devices you might want to think about integrating these into Control4 once it is up and running as I find that really useful.   You might need 4Sight to do that, but that is a good deal if you want to get Composer HE which let's you do the programming yourself.

Thanks

18 hours ago, JSTRONG said:

do You have a remote control ? 
what model control4 controller is it ?

any touch panels ?

so you don’t have a control4 login now ?

You definitely need a dealer to get it operational if it’s not working now. He has to login to your controller and register it for starters if you don’t have logins.  

No remote control

Not sure how to check. Will the Controller have something on it? I looked at and I see nothing / no stickers or model number etc.

No touch panel

No Control4 login

J3 is helping me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.