C4 Forums | Control4

241Q - RS232 Needed?

jesh

Not to my knowledge, the drivers are all IP.

Weird. Should be able to connect via IP (e.g. 192.168.2.60:80) but no go...

Can connect via http though but C4 won't connect for dealer, any ideas?

was the 241q set up correctly with the right mask, dns, gateway? most likely not

Yes, I assisted my dealer in setting this up actually. I haven't worked with 241Q's, but I recently installed camera's for a 300,000 sq ft factory (iqinvision, axis and stardot). About 45 of them were Axis, so I'm familiar with their product, but they are all IP cameras.

sub mask 255.255.255.0

gateway 192.168.2.1

dns is correct also

Can you get to the built in webpage for managing the axis?

What are the IP addresses and ports of the cameras you've attached?

There's one driver in Control4 for each camera on the axis.

yep we can connect to 192.168.2.60 and view the feeds. They are not ip cameras so they have no addresses. Does each camera need to be configured through the 241q as different port numbers?

I may have given him the incorrect info. Will check it out!

yep we can connect to 192.168.2.60 and view the feeds. They are not ip cameras so they have no addresses. Does each camera need to be configured through the 241q as different port numbers?

Each camera will be *turned into* IP cameras by the Axis server. Might go over the installation once more to make sure you can see each camera on the network.

Here's a link to the install docs.

http://www.axis.com/techsup/cam_servers/cam_241q/index.htm

Each camera will be *turned into* IP cameras by the Axis server. Might go over the installation once more to make sure you can see each camera on the network.

Here's a link to the install docs.

http://www.axis.com/techsup/cam_servers/cam_241q/index.htm

Right, I understand that. The camera's are visible through the Video Server's web page (e.g. 192.168.2.60). However when C4 is trying to connect it fails. The video server won't assign invididual IP's to the camera's. It may assign seperate port numbers but it wont assign IP's...

Shouldn't he just be connecting 'Axis Camera One', Two, and Three, and assigning them IP of the video server?

We're only having issues connecting to the video server through C4.

Thanks,

Jesh

From the dealer forums, it appears your dealer has a fix for this.

Brent

Unfortunately he is no longer a dealer of C4, but he is still helping out (Digital Home Technologies in Palatine, IL), so I don't know if he even has access to the dealer forums.

From the dealer forums' date=' it appears your dealer has a fix for this.

Brent[/quote']

Brent, is there a reason you won't share that fix with him?

Seriously,

Really?

hey Ilovec4 why don't you review your posts where you have told me "just go away", there have been several, so exscuse me if I don't "jump" to your suggestions.

Jesh, please pm myself or Codeman, and we will quote you prices to log into your system and do a remote install. ( I am sure cody knows how to fix this, but if not I will help him ). Short of that I will not give information to end user's or ex dealers.

Thank you for your consideration

Brent

Archived