C4 Forums | Control4

iPhone app

Hi,

My dealer gave me a free 30 day trial code for the iPhone "my house" today, I thought I would add it in my iphone when it said "identify" but that does not work. It seems like you have to add it to Control4 and not the iPhone. Can I add the code myself on my 7 inch touch panel or in Home Edition, or does my dealer need to add it for me?

Thanks

Dave

You have to go to your mycontrol4 account and enter the code. When you log in there is a tag for "subscriptions" at the top. On the subscriptions page you would enter the code under "activate a new subscription". It should drop into the list of account subscriptions on that page once you do.

A driver will have to be added to your project for the iPhone. I don't think this is possible under Composer HE?? I have never used it but I think you can only add drivers/equipment with Composer Pro. SO that would mean the dealer would have to do this.

I just got my full iPhone subscription code after the 30 day code ran out, and I also had to go to Account Services and click on "check in" button to have the new subscription code retrieved from your mycontrol4 account and assign it to the director. Again not sure if this is available in Composer HE.

Then when you connect the iPhone to your controller you can use the "identify" button and it should work.

Not sure which of these steps you or your dealer has done so far but I think that is the whole process.

Archived