C4 Forums | Control4

Thermostat And Humidity Control

pbels

I have a multi zone forced hot air system for heating and cooling

On the first floor I have a honeywell programmable thermostat and on the second floor I have a C4 Thermostat

We are in the process of upgrading the whole house humidifier and I was wondering of I can set up the C4 and somehow have humidity control (likely through the touchscreens)

Thank you

Peter

I don't understand the application. Humidity is not like temperature where you would want the parameter to vary widely based on people presence. Humidity should be kept constant, ideally, year-round. What is it you are trying to control- simply working or not? If that is the case, use the plug module C4 sells.

I don't understand the application. Humidity is not like temperature where you would want the parameter to vary widely based on people presence. Humidity should be kept constant, ideally, year-round. What is it you are trying to control- simply working or not? If that is the case, use the plug module C4 sells.

Something has to monitor the humidity level in the house and tell the humidifier when to turn on and off. I have seen separate units that are installed near the t-stat that do this as well as t-stats that have humidity control built in.

^Most I've seen contain a duct-mounted sensor for FB control. That's all you really need on a FAU. Now if there baseboard heat, that's another story. I just don't see the need to apply a secondary control mechanism to something that should have integral feed-back loop control to begin with.

Our existing thermostat has humidity control

It is a honeywell programmable

It is not uncommon to adjust humidity, albeit mainly by season

Maybe it is best to put a local humidistat at the humidifier and use C4 Thermo

Has anyone heard of a next generation thermostat coming from C4?

Ah, yeah. I think they may have talked about this at CES. If not, we'll know more at CEDIA in Sept.

Archived