C4 Forums | Control4

C4 selects radio station then immediately changes from FM to AM

I have some strange behavior when using my Onkyo TX-SR605 receiver with C4.

Setup:

Receiver (stereo out) to my C4 amp

Speaker to my C4 amp

I have programmed some radio stations in Composer. Using my C4 remote, I can see the stations when I select RADIO | STATIONS. I select the station I want and I watch the IR blaster blink as the receiver powers on and enters in the radio station I selected (FM 99.1). For a split second I hear the station. The IR blaster blinks again and switches to AM. I select the radio station again on my C4 remote and it enters in the station again, no problem. I can continue to select radio stations and it works fine. If I power off the receiver and select a radio station the problem happens again (only once, until I power off).

Any ideas how to fix or troubleshoot?

sounds like you will need to edit the driver to cheat the system a bit.

when you select radio or radio station the first time, c4 shoots macro using command "tuner", but that command toggles between am and fm,

luckily there is a discreet "go to fm" code (and that's why when you select radio once system works fine)

so as I was saying edit the driver, copy "go to fm" command and paste it in place of "tuner" command

You need composer pro to edit drivers so if you're not a dealer, you will need to contact one. that should be easy remote fix.

Thanks for the tip. I tried various combinations of programming with Composer HE. Essentially, when the tuner is selected, I have it send another tuner command.

It still bothers me that it does switch to AM for a split second and then back to FM. The current Onkyo driver seems a bit buggy.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using tuner out from the receiver into the C4 amp.

I used Composer HE and have it set the command "toggle tuner" when the power goes on the receiver.

Ypu still hear the split second switching but atleast it ends on FM. It only happens when being turned on. I want to try creating the driver from scratch using only the features I want to see how that works. There's definitely a bug in the current driver.

I'm using tuner out from the receiver into the C4 amp.

I used Composer HE and have it set the command "toggle tuner" when the power goes on the receiver.

Ypu still hear the split second switching but atleast it ends on FM. It only happens when being turned on. I want to try creating the driver from scratch using only the features I want to see how that works. There's definitely a bug in the current driver.

Archived