C4 Forums | Control4

Old 6 button keypad LED issue

Hi, I'm using Composer HE to re-purpose my 6 button keypad to turn on 6 different Sonos favorites

Surprisingly, I was able to do everything and have it working the way I wanted/envisioned, save for a single issue:

I can't get button 3 to change to the 'On' color I've set in the Properties tab of Monitoring

All 6 buttons are setup *exactly* the same way, with the exact same on color, exact same off color and 'Keypad Managed' unchecked and 'Follow Bound Color' checked

So, all 6 buttons should behave exactly the same way, but button 3 is being stubborn and just staying with the 'off' color after a button press

A couple of things to note:

1. Button 3 used to be a volume ramp button in which holding it down would increase the volume and releasing and holding it down again would decrease the volume. Not sure if that has something to do with it not working properly? Maybe the dealer had something else setup with button 3 that I can't see in HE and so can't change?

2. When I first went to Monitoring and Properties for the 6 button keypad, I couldn't get 'follow bound color' to stay checked for button 3 - that is, I would check it and then click on another button and then click back on button 3 and 'follow bound color' would be unchecked again. I ended up trying again and again, making sure I would click 'Apply To' in the top right and check off the entire tree to include the keypad, refreshing navigators multiple times, going back to List View in Monitoring and clicking around on the 6 button keypad there and somehow it finally seems to have stuck

But, the final result that I'm wanting of a change to green from a steady state (off) blue is still not happening for button 3 - the appropriate Sonos favorite is turning on, it's just the LED that's not working

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance 

The button could have a connection made to it for something hence why you cant get the colour to change.

You would need a dealer to log on for you to remove the connection. 

sounds like the most viable culprit. 

More than happy to log in and check this for you

Thanks 

M

5 minutes ago, mujtaba.khokhar said:

The button could have a connection made to it for something hence why you cant get the colour to change.

Thanks 

M

Thanks, sending you a PM....

Thanks 
M
Echo? Lol

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:
17 minutes ago, mujtaba.khokhar said:
Thanks 
M

Echo? Lol

I think we must have replied at the same time, there was no replies when i first came onto the post. 

but they do say great minds think alike :) 

M

So this is weird - while working on more programming today within HE, I noticed the following regarding my button 3 problem:

-if I 'execute' button 3 within HE, then the LED changes to the appropriate 'on' color and stays on (and the commands for that button are executed correctly)

-however, if I physically press button 3 on the keypad itself, then the LED just stays on the 'off' color, though the commands that are programmed for that button are still executed correctly

Weird...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.