C4 Forums | Control4

do I need internet working to have control4 installed?

stenkb

Hi - my dealer is coming soon to program and finish all setting up of my control4 system. Question is - my internet provider is making me wait a month before they can get it turned on - can my dealer still go ahead and get everything going without an internet connection? I will still have all my ethernet connections go to a router so it will still be connected together to a network - just not to the net.

also once it is working - do i need to do anything to get cover art, etc working properly?

OR if I do need internet working I could buy a usb wireless internet connection for temporary use until permanent hookup is ready.

What's the best way to go?

Thanks. Kevin

No, it doesn't have to be working for C4 to be installed, but your dealer needs to read up on some discussions for doing so on the dealer forums. As long as the network itself (router, switches, control4 gear, etc) are ready to go, it shouldnt be a problem when the modem is installed. Just make sure they don't mess with your network :)

I was in your same situation, Internet came on a week after install. The Soho Shop was able to get it all up and running without a problem and a week later I had to add the modem and they made a few network adjustments which was due to my stupid dsl modem that AT&T forced me to use.

Archived