C4 Forums | Control4

Workgroup

akg4y

Do people typically have their home and control 4 networks on the same workgroup? If not, are you able to see the control 4 equipment on your home network?

The reason I ask is my dealer started copying some of my mp3s to my HC-1000 but we stopped it after about 200 songs were copied we stopped it because I only wanted to selectively add some. I deleted the ones that were copied using Composer HE from the media list, but if I hit scan they reappear. I can access the HC-1000 directory list using Firefox/IE and it still shows the directory and all the songs we copied. How do I delete the actual files?

Thanks!

I do not have the HC1000. I have the HC300 with a USB connected hard drive. My OS is Windows XP SP3.

The HC300 does not show under my self named workgroup network. It appears under the Microsoft Windows Network as "Control4home" workgroup.

I access it by My Computer-My Network Places-View Workgroup Computers-Other Places/Microsoft Windows Network-Control4home

Once there I can access the attached HC300 controller and my hard drive.

I also mapped the USB connected hard drive as network drive and called it Control4Hard drive ( Z: ) on my computers so I can access it directly from "My Computer" and add files or delete files.

Also in Composer (at least in Pro) there is an option to delete the files just from the media list or from media list and the hard drive as well.

Hope that helps....

If they're stored on the hard drive of the HC1000, if you have XP or Vista, you can go to start, run, then type \\(ip address of your controller) and it should pull up a window with some shares. If you delete the media from this share, it will be gone from your controller as well.

IE: \\192.168.1.70\

Should be under a media directory, I can't remember since we use a NAS on most jobs.

Interesting, thanks Cody. I actually looked in my windows explorer and for some reason the workgroup and microsoft windows network subsets werent there. I then typed the 'Computer name' of the HC-1000 into the address bar and it showed me the controllers drive but if I go into media it is empty.

Using your method, however, the media directory shows everything... very strange, do you have any idea why that would be?

Regardless, thanks, Im just going to map that drive now to save having to do that each time.

Archived