C4 Forums | Control4

Weird Amcrest NVR Issue

DTxAg

Does anyone have any insight for the following issue?

I've got multiple instances of the Blackwire Amcrest NVR driver installed on my EA5 controller. Each driver is assigned to a different channel of the NVR, which lets me view each individual channel of the NVR from my navigators and phone.

However, the Amcrest NVR seems to be using different channel numbers for snapshots and video streams. For example, the NVR actually uses channel 0 for a snapshot of the front door but channel 1 for the video of the front door. The result is that when I select the "security" tab in a navigator or my phone, I see snapshots of most of the channels, but the channel snapshots are one channel off - the channel 2 snapshot is used for channel 1, the channel 3 snapshot is used for channel 2, the channel 4 snapshot is used for channel 3, the channel 5 snapshot is used for channel 4, and the channel 6 snapshot is used for channels 5 and 6. There is no snapshot for channel 1. However, if I select channel 1 (which has the channel 2 snapshot), I see the channel 1 video. If I select channel 2 (which has the channel 3 snapshot), I see the channel 2 video. Selecting any channel from a navigator gives you the correct video, but the wrong snapshots are used for the channels in the navigator "security" tab.

Basically, I'm trying to figure out if there is some way to change the channel numbers used for snapshots on the NVR without changing the channel numbers used for video streams on the NVR. They are somehow out of whack.

Thanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.