C4 Forums | Control4

Do any of the Hikvision drivers work with LTS?

azkid

Wondering if any of the hikvision drivers can be used with LTS cameras?  LTS is just a rebranded hik, and you can even use the same mobile apps.  Looking specifically for a driver that enables you to program off motion.  Thanks in advance!

On 8/5/2020 at 6:05 PM, alanchow said:

Our driver works with the rebadged hik drivers.  Haven't tested it with that particular brand itself but if the Hik app works then this should work.

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/hikvision-control4

Having said that i recommend that you test it out using our 90 day trial prior to purchase.

Hi Alan, Thanks for responding. 

I did get the trial setup on my project but it appears there are some differences with LTS specifically the RTSP feed stream.   I am able to get the snapshot test working as well as the mjpeg although the mpjeg shows 0 frames per second...  For H.264, the driver defaults to a format like this: rtsp://192.168.0.201:8554/Streaming/channels/101 which gives me the following error: 

Verifying address:port ...
Address:port verified.
Verifying URL ...
URL not verified: Could not read from resource.
Test failed.

I can fix this and get it to connect correctly by modifying the text box to be rtsp://username:password@192.168.0.201:8554/Streaming/channels/101 however it appears that changing that box only works temporarily for the test and as such I can only get a screenshot not a live rtsp feed.  

Interestingly the driver hikvision themselves puts out I can get an RTSP feed but the notification center doesn't work.  Your driver does pull the serial number and camera name so there are things that work better with your driver than with the hikvision but again still need an rtsp feed not just an image snapshot. 

If this is something you'd be interested in exploring for LTS cameras I'd be happy to work with you to try and get a driver setup that works.  Otherwise i guess I'll have to live with no programming off the linecross and motion detection of my LTS cameras. 

55 minutes ago, azkid said:

Hi Alan, Thanks for responding. 

I did get the trial setup on my project but it appears there are some differences with LTS specifically the RTSP feed stream.   I am able to get the snapshot test working as well as the mjpeg although the mpjeg shows 0 frames per second...  For H.264, the driver defaults to a format like this: rtsp://192.168.0.201:8554/Streaming/channels/101 which gives me the following error: 

Verifying address:port ...
Address:port verified.
Verifying URL ...
URL not verified: Could not read from resource.
Test failed.

I can fix this and get it to connect correctly by modifying the text box to be rtsp://username:password@192.168.0.201:8554/Streaming/channels/101 however it appears that changing that box only works temporarily for the test and as such I can only get a screenshot not a live rtsp feed.  

Interestingly the driver hikvision themselves puts out I can get an RTSP feed but the notification center doesn't work.  Your driver does pull the serial number and camera name so there are things that work better with your driver than with the hikvision but again still need an rtsp feed not just an image snapshot. 

If this is something you'd be interested in exploring for LTS cameras I'd be happy to work with you to try and get a driver setup that works.  Otherwise i guess I'll have to live with no programming off the linecross and motion detection of my LTS cameras. 

Sounds like its the same URL.  You will need the mess with the username and password details in the driver as that is where you set it.

If you have issues reach out via a helpdesk ticket or call our office during business hours (its saturday here).  I didn't write the driver so Justin will assist you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.