C4 Forums | Control4

Control B&O TV SPDIF Input

I'm trying to get my C4 system to turn on a B&O TV and switch to the CD input,  The TV is set up so the CD input uses the SPDIF port and the Sonos player is connected to the port.  In Composer, I have the Sonos player bound to the CD input.  Am I running into trouble because of the SPDIF port?   

If I press the CD button on the B&O remote, the TV turns on, goes to the appropriate input and I get my music.  I also have Roku and DirecTV sources connected to the TVs HDMI ports and they work fine. 

Can you send your programming through too?

If you’ve assigned the input inside the b&o TV and your connections in composer are correct then there’s no reason for it not to work...

Can you control the tv via control4?

Thanks
M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, when I select Roku or DirecTV on the remote, the TV turns on and switches to the appropriate input so the IP connection and everything is working.  It's just the CD input doesn't work.  In composer, it shows CD with the analog icon BUT not the SPDIF. Not sure if that means anything though. 

There isn't a SPDIF option in composer.   The more I think of it, that shouldn't matter because the TV should just turn on by using the CD command.  The TV is a BeoVision 11-46.

**I figured it out.  I tried utilizing different buttons than CD, e.g. A-MEM, but the only one that worked was A/V analog input (with SPDIF).  Works like a champ.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.