C4 Forums | Control4

T3 Tabletop stuck at C4 Boot Screen

I've got a Tabletop T3 that was working great but has not stopped working.

The device exhibits the following:

1. Sits at the C4 Boot Screen forever. 

I've tried:

1. Reset (Pin hole on top). This causes the device to power cycle, but it just comes back to the C4 boot screen. 
  2. Factory Reset (On Dock / Volume Up / Pin Hole) gets me to the "Erasing" cycle, but the device then reboots and ends up at the C4 boot screen. 

My network doesn't see the device (Wifi or Ethernet), as it seems to not get that far. 

The device is out of warranty . Do I have any options other than "Toss it in the bin"? Given this is a $1k device, I would really prefer NOT to do that. 

• 1 month later...

Ive had two T3's go this way in the last few months... In my examples, both T3's went through a 24-48 hour period of constantly crashing when completing boot up and restarting, before finally just getting stuck at the C4 icon / post screen.

Dealer talked me through the reset pin process and I got a slightly different icon on screen (something like boot cannot load) and the dealer tried to re-flash the device remotely, but couldn't access it.  They picked it up and tried to connect it to the system at their showroom, no joy.  Next option was to send it to C4 for repair at a fixed cost of £260.  They sent back a brand new unit as they couldn't fix it.

As mentioned I now have another portable device gone exactly the same way on a system that's just over 2 years old.  To be honest, the performance of T3 devices and the rip off price associated as well as the fact that I've already had two fail during warranty makes me think about looking at iPad with C4 app and no pass lock etc fitted in wall mounts or something...  I wonder if anyone has done this and how it compares...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.