C4 Forums | Control4

Buzzing

I have a 8x8 Autopatch switch that does component video, as well as digital and analog video.

I had it set up fine with a HC300 inputting into switch 1 and outputting to my bedroom over cat5 component baluns and analog audio.

All of a sudden (I dont think I did anything) the HC300 navigator screen is stretched out on the screen horizontally (and I cant set anything in the TV to fix it) and I'm getting this buzzing sound (and I can edit anything on the TV to make it go away.)

If I unhook the balun, the sound goes away (as does the picture and the audio) so I think it's something with the feed. (I dont get the buzzing on the regular snow of the antenna although there is no picture as there are no other hookups into the TV).

Any idea why I'm getting the buzzing and the stretched screen?

I narrowed it down to one of the cable runs.

I have the analog output of the switch as follows:

RED -> Open port of a cat5 balun -> TV RED

WHITE -> RCA-Coax adapter to coax run in wall to Coax-RCA adapter -> TV WHITE

The buzzing is coming when I hook in the TV WHITE cable (coax with rca adapters on either end).

Anyone know why I would get loud buzzing with that cable specifically? Any work arounds?

Thanks

I dont think anything is "crossed" (? what does that exactly mean?) . I have three component video going to their respective colors and audio out red going through the coax.

I tried another cat5 balun that I have and it gives me the same problem as the coax is coming out of the wall and not going through the balun which is the cable that gives the buzzing

bdo

Archived