C4 Forums | Control4

cameras and t3 touchscreens

malelan

reviewing/overhauling security, and noticed that bringing up cameras on t3 touchscreens (via programming or just by menu) seems to be kinda slow.  sometimes the camera doesn't load at all, sometimes it loads fine.

Is there something i'm missing here?  Network connections are solid, tested speed between devices, everything is wired.

cameras are snapav luma ip cameras.

i notice in my driver, that i cannot connect to the camera via rstp, only the test buttons work for snapshot/mjpeg,  but would assume i'm pulling mjpeg anyway.

anyone have any ideas on what i can check? or is this just pretty standard?

On my Luma 500 series IP cams I am using substream at 640*360 for the T3.  Video quality higher, Frame Rate 15 Fps Mpeg

On the 510 PTZ cameras its set at third stream @ 740*408. Video quality Medium. Frame Rate 30fps  Mpeg

they all load instantly on t3 and the c4 app

Those settings I gave you are managed in the Camera browser page. You go to the Luma NVR then camera mangement then access each camera settings page

In Composer. You add a seperate luma camera driver for each camera.

Each camera in composer should point to the Luma NVR Ip address. then set the correct port number in the driver

ok, i appreciate that, i think the point of this post was to understand whether the issue was configuration related, or whether it was director power, etc  so i think it helps to know people with similar configs are not having the same issues, appreciate all the feedback.

some stuff thats come to light since i posted this.

because all of my cameras are wired directly into the dvr, and my dvr is only connected by 1 gigabit link to my network, i'm essentially funneling all of the camera bandwidth through a single gigabit line to control4 (even though every camera has its own dedicated gigabit line connected to the dvr)  i'd imagine this configuration is standard, but is this a concern?  realistically i'm only pulling data from one camera at a time, but when i load the 'cameras' page on the t3, and i pull a thumbnail for each camera, some of those fail (wondering if this is bandwidth?)

also, is there a spot in the logs where i can view this connectivity?  i.e when i go to load a camera on a t3, it will spin for a bit, sometimes my camera image shows up, other times it will time out, and i'll get a no camera feed icon.  I'd like to track this by reviewing the logs, to see if there is some error or failed connection between the camera and c4, but i can't find where this would be tracked.  I checked the logs on the t3 itself via sysman, but i didn't see anything,  there isn't anything in the driver lua for the camera, even with debug on.  so i'm not sure where i'd see this,  assuming director is just passing the url of the feed to my t3, and is not actually processing any video.

I can almost guarantee snap\c4 tech support would get it working in minutes. If your a dealer call them. If not have a dealer do it. Snap has Remote Desktop for me more then once to configure jobs I did with Luma/c4

it could also be a network issue. Gig link from nvr to switch is great 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.