C4 Forums | Control4

Ea3, 3 streams of music

nwanerka

This might be a silly newbie question so please bear with me, But I would like to utilise all 3 streams of music on the eea 3 and I just want to make sure I am doing this right. The equipment is as followed: 1 ea3 and an older control4 C4-16AMP3-B (which still works great, plus i picked it up for $50)

The 3 sources of streaming music will all be going to the the c4-16 amp, which only has rca inputs:-( , but I think this will work

1. The 3.5mm audio out of the ea3. i am using a 3.5 to rca adapter cord. Very basic, just plug the 3.5 mm into the audio out on the ea3 and the other end of the cord, which is 2 rca red and white ends Into input 1 of the c4 amp.

2. The hdmi out of the ea3. I am using a Audio Extractor Converter Splitter Hdmi To Hdmi & Optical Spdif & Rca. So I will have the ea3 go to hdmi in, on the converter, then from the converter I will have 1 hdmi out to the avr for on screen control of c4 and then the rca red and white out of the converter alao and have them go into input 2 of thec4 amp

3. Then the 3rd way I was going to the a digital coax cable coming from the ea3 to Digital Coax and go into the input of the Optical Audio to RCA Stereo Audio Converter . Then from that converter come out of the output with rca red and white and go to input 3 to the c4 amp with rca.

I put all 3 pictures with this post. Doing this will I be able to get 3 separate streams of music to play at the same time period for example my daughter come play Pandora In her Room while my wife is playing spotify in the kitchen while I am playing tunein in the garage. I know I still have to do the programming in composer pro and make my bindings and all of that, which i am fine on that part just want to make sure the physical connections In are all correct and I am using the right converters . Any advice is more than welcomed and appreciated. b5ca2a4098caada101260a8d4761b1e4.jpga990d9921e5bea2bf8543162522eb71d.jpgbf9cf34392b957bc892534ede26fabc4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

You might want to consider buying a used HC800 on eBay.  They have two analog stereo outputs and can sometimes be had for about $100 which may not be much more than the two audio converters.

Another option is to add an Echo Dot (or multiple Echo Dots) to your matrix amp and to use them around the house.  Then you can use that as an audio source for services like Amazon Music, Spotify, etc.  But you may not like having Amazon devices all over your house and using voice commands to start the music. You should be able to get them for about $30 each.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.