C4 Forums | Control4

Yale Door Lock

I have Yale door locks on front and back doors. All of a sudden the front door stopped operating through the app or touchscreen. The other locks work fine, no issues. Batteries are 2 months old, and they were brand new. The sensor on front door detects if door is open or closed, the light in foyer will go on when I test the “When and Then” as programmed. Is there a way to reset this lock into my system? I am disabled with respiratory illness. I really don’t want any techs here. If this is something I can handle (tech savy) I prefer to do it. Any suggestions?

There are different cards but if you don’t have the little gateway, it’s surely zigbee. I was asking because I just had the Yale locks with the WiFi gateway added a week ago and they both stopped responding in Control4. That would be your issue though if you have zigbee locks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would. Best bet with rose zigbee locks of to replace batteries first anyway. Could have gotten a bad batch. Next would be for the integrator to see what the zigbee signal is. They would have to look at it but could handle that remotely.

Does the zigbee have anything to do with the signal to C4 system? Replaced batteries, same problem. I found a zigbee card for my lock on a Yale website. Going to match up numbers see if it’s the compatible with C4. Says it works with Amazon, and Samsung. C4 is different, might not be compatible. 

Lock is less than 2 yrs old if that. Like I said Tech guy replaced the card like a year ago if that. Thing is on top of everything else the tech guy put a lot of redundancy in my system, a lot of stuff I knew I didn’t need (because my other house was C4). Little disappointed with the guy to be honest, and trust is going out the window because of that. On top of that and my compromised immune system, I don’t want him here.

Completely understand. I’m a nurse and we are still taking extra precautions. If you aren’t happy with him, there are remote oriole that would be happy to help. I use Ari. He is on this forum and is extremely helpful. I’m sure he can get you that card if that’s what the issue is. But it could be interference. Pull the card out of the lock and reinstall. If it’s not either of those things then I might think of swapping the card.

I have removed the card 2x and reinstalled. I like the option you suggested. An example  of my tech guy trying to take advantage is with this situation. He insists on a service call and hitting me for a card, with markup, and service call. I think it was x amount last time card was replaced. Curious what is a “remote oriole” I assume that is some one who can program your system from where they are? How safe is that? Are they C4 contractors (reps)?

I have no idea if this would apply to you....but I have a Yale lock, and found it needed a good signal from the controller, especially with all the wifi in the house, I had to do some adjustments on location and zigged controllers and their addresses. We worked with C4 on this, a house that had only 1 zigbee mesh now has 4...

11 minutes ago, ekohn00 said:

I have no idea if this would apply to you....but I have a Yale lock, and found it needed a good signal from the controller, especially with all the wifi in the house, I had to do some adjustments on location and zigged controllers and their addresses. We worked with C4 on this, a house that had only 1 zigbee mesh now has 4...

Hi,

Thank you for responding. Is this zigbee mesh something you can do yourself with C4? or do I have to take off from work to let IT company in my house? Kind of funny thing though, I have three locks 1 on door going into my garage from backyard. It's far as heck from my office where the C4 devices are set up. I'm thinking this Zigbee mesh is something like an "extender" carry signal further?

On 10/5/2020 at 9:38 PM, Drake0508 said:

Completely understand. I’m a nurse and we are still taking extra precautions. If you aren’t happy with him, there are remote oriole that would be happy to help. I use Ari. He is on this forum and is extremely helpful. I’m sure he can get you that card if that’s what the issue is. But it could be interference. Pull the card out of the lock and reinstall. If it’s not either of those things then I might think of swapping the card.

HI, sorry for bothering you again. Curious what is a “remote oriole” I assume that is some one who can program your system from where they are? How safe is that? Are they C4 contractors (reps)?

8 hours ago, cg@asu said:

HI, sorry for bothering you again. Curious what is a “remote oriole” I assume that is some one who can program your system from where they are? How safe is that? Are they C4 contractors (reps)?

I assume they mean 'Remote Dealer'.

Remote dealers are just like a regular Control4 dealer, they don't work for Control4, they are independent dealerships that sell and service Control4.

Remote dealers are usually dealers who (as part of their dealership) will help remote customers add/remove things from their system, which homeowners can't do with ComposerHE (Homeowner's Edition).  They also will sometimes troubleshoot and help homeowners with other issues.

RyanE

2 hours ago, cg@asu said:

Wow, that is some pretty good information. Thank you. Composer HE is the software for C4?

ComposerHE is Windows software that allows a homeowner to configure many parts of their Control4 system.

It's the same software as ComposerPro, used by installers, except it doesn't allow homeowners to add / remove / rename devices in their system, or to change the 'connections' between devices within the system, which are easy to mess up.

RyanE

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.