C4 Forums | Control4

New member .....many questions

vl20sas

Hello to all,greate forum

My name is Claudiu i'm from Romania and i plan to implement in my new house Control4 Sitem.

Here in Romania is not a dealer from Control4 ,and i plan to import from US.

My questions for you is:

1.Home Controller HC-500 is the main unit and connect trought LAN to other Control4 device.I whant to connect to this device 2 Contact-Relay Extender ,the home controller support this 2 Relay-Contact Extender? In total after i add this 2 device is 8 realy to control and 8 contacts.This realy and contact can be set-up one by one by home controler?

2. About Wireless Dimmer and Wireless Switch: this whireless device is only a button or has allready instal on it power contactor(example this Whireless dimmer/switch can direct power on/off a light ,and can do this on/off operation trought a Control4 remote?) or need for do this Wireless Outlet Dimmer/Swhitch ?

3. How many Whireless dimmer/switch suport a Home controler? i what to instal around 100 lights.

4. How can i connect to controller InHome External Flange Mount Contact Switch to anounce me when a door is open,or on a light when door open?

5. I what to instal a Control4 Multi Tuner to my hose,this device allow me to hear radio separate in each zone? How many zone suport?

6. The Media Controller make same thing like Home controller HC-500? for example i what to replace HC-500 whit Media Controller,can i connect to Media Controller all device that i connect to HC-500

7. About whirelss touch screen remotes, can i personalized the way i what? for exaple i what to add a button for control a relay from Media Controller or from HC-500? Also can i add later that butoon to a aplication( example when detect move in sensor area control that relay?)

Also whan to know if remote can be setup to open a light to a hour that i setup.Also what to know that i can setup remote to connect a relay/contact to a hour that i setup?

For the moment only this ,i will post again whit any question about audio and video zone

Thank you in advance

Hello to all,greate forum

My name is Claudiu i'm from Romania and i plan to implement in my new house Control4 Sitem.

Here in Romania is not a dealer from Control4 ,and i plan to import from US.

My questions for you is:

1.Home Controller HC-500 is the main unit and connect trought LAN to other Control4 device.I whant to connect to this device 2 Contact-Relay Extender ,the home controller support this 2 Relay-Contact Extender? In total after i add this 2 device is 8 realy to control and 8 contacts.This realy and contact can be set-up one by one by home controler?

You can setup the contacts and relays one by one using the Composer software, and yes - the HC500 will support the contact/relay extenders.

2. About Wireless Dimmer and Wireless Switch: this whireless device is only a button or has allready instal on it power contactor(example this Whireless dimmer/switch can direct power on/off a light ,and can do this on/off operation trought a Control4 remote?) or need for do this Wireless Outlet Dimmer/Swhitch ?

If I understand your question correctly, you are wondering if the C4 dimmers/switches will control a lights load, without using the C4 system per se. To answer your question - YES! The C4 switches and dimmers will function on there own, without requiring any programming. The only exception is in three+ way lighting scenarios where multiple switches/keypads control one light.

3. How many Whireless dimmer/switch suport a Home controler? i what to instal around 100 lights.

It will be no problem to install 100 lights....theoretically there is no limit (that I know of). I know that with that many it would probably be a good idea to run an HC1000.

4. How can i connect to controller InHome External Flange Mount Contact Switch to anounce me when a door is open,or on a light when door open?

This just hooks up to one of the contacts on your controller or contact/relay extenders. This is very easy to do.

5. I what to instal a Control4 Multi Tuner to my hose,this device allow me to hear radio separate in each zone? How many zone suport?

The tuner has two tuners built in, so it can send out two different stations at the same time. Each zone can listen to it's own audio, but each tuner will only put out two different outputs at any given time. If you want more than two at the same time, it will require more than one tuner.

6. The Media Controller make same thing like Home controller HC-500? for example i what to replace HC-500 whit Media Controller,can i connect to Media Controller all device that i connect to HC-500

Yes you can, but it isn't recommended. The Media Controller is old hardward, and doesn't support a lot of the new features Control4 provides. While in theory this could be done, running a Media Controller as the primary controller (director) in todays world is not recommended.

7. About whirelss touch screen remotes, can i personalized the way i what? for exaple i what to add a button for control a relay from Media Controller or from HC-500? Also can i add later that butoon to a aplication( example when detect move in sensor area control that relay?)

At this point you can't change the GUI, but you can add custom buttons. You can add 24 custom buttons to each room.

Also whan to know if remote can be setup to open a light to a hour that i setup.Also what to know that i can setup remote to connect a relay/contact to a hour that i setup?

If don't really understand, but you can setup events/things to take place based on time. Hopefully that answers your question.

For the moment only this ,i will post again whit any question about audio and video zone

Thank you in advance

Hopefully I was able to answer most of your questions. There are certainly people on this forum that are much more knowledgeable than me, but I had a few minutes so I figured I would give it a shot.

Good luck.

Archived