C4 Forums | Control4

Media MP3's - issue with playback

Hi - I am a newbie - but figuring out alot on my own since my dealer sucks the big one.

I have added mp3 files to a folder on my computer - that is on my network - i have been able to connect and get the mp3 files so i can view them on the control4 on screen navigator - now the issue

when i bring up the mp3's (through the digital music icon) - i was able to get 1 to play - which is good, however i find the display of them hard to figure out - do i need to make a playlist? I just have all the files there now - and when i try to scroll through them - the display says waiting or loading or something like that and gets stuck........

I was hoping the display would be more like just a list of all the mp3's that i could scroll through and choose as desired....

any tips or better ways of doing this?

Kevin

any idea why it gets stuck though - like the digital music screen freezes pretty much when loading - also i have it set to play when i click on a song - but if one os playing and i click play on another one - nothing happens.......doesnt change....

there was (and maybe still is) some problem connecting usb drive directly to hc300. I find that NAS, just like Matt said, works the best. You or your dealer will have to add network file storage driver to the project, and than since it will be on your network its easy for you to add new files and for c4 to play them.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nas+drives

Archived