C4 Forums | Control4

Dish Network VIP 722 Not Responding

c4wirepro

I have been messing around with this box for 3 days now. For some reason I cannot get the satellite box to respond to the IR codes when emitted. I have re-learned all the codes from the dish remote so far. As well as changing how many times the code is emitted inside of the driver. (repeat count) IR is in place where it needs to be. Regular remotes work fine. I even went through all the 15 possible IR code sets inside the dish box and still nothing. Dont really have an idea as to why the IR codes are not accepted even though the IR is flashing the codes. Any suggestions?

I have been messing around with this box for 3 days now. For some reason I cannot get the satellite box to respond to the IR codes when emitted. I have re-learned all the codes from the dish remote so far. As well as changing how many times the code is emitted inside of the driver. (repeat count) IR is in place where it needs to be. Regular remotes work fine. I even went through all the 15 possible IR code sets inside the dish box and still nothing. Dont really have an idea as to why the IR codes are not accepted even though the IR is flashing the codes. Any suggestions?

It might sound obvious but have you checked the position/location of the emitter on sat box ?

This has nagged me every since my system was put in. My dealer has gone through hell as well. One of my two 722s will suddenly stop responding to HC-300 IR commands. A reload of the project (back to a known-good one) will regain control. This was using a learned code set. We recently switched to the 722 "default" set and so far OK. The other box has never had a problem on learned commands.

The other interesting thing my dealer has found is that black electrical tape did not work all the time but blue painter's tape did. Cover the emiiter too not just the other two windows. I believe it's the placment more than material but, hey, whatever works.

I found that when the Dishnetwork installer set it up they changed the IR from the default ID to ID 8. I had to go into the Dishnetwork setup and change it to the default ID of 1 or the driver wouldn't work. Have you tried that? Does the emitter flash when you try the C4 remote?

I have went through all 15 IR code sets on the Dish box as posted in the original posting. And still nothing. Im really dying

First off are you trying to control TV1 or TV2?

TV2 (the Blue remote), by default, is set by Dish to run off UHF. You will have to change this to run off IR. If you are trying to control TV1 (the Green remote) the remote codes should be set to IR1 which is the default Dish uses for TV1's remote.

Let me know the answer to my first question above. We set up plenty of these boxes, VIP722 and not had any issues with IR. I would also take TV1's remote, the Green one, and relearn the IR codes. Also, post in detail exactly what TV you are trying to control (TV1 or TV2) and what remote you used (TV1 Green or TV2 Blue) to capture the IR codes and I can possibly assist.

I have seen both remotes (both tuners) set to uhf and ir on the box is disabled. go to menu , system set up, installation, system info. (menu, 6, 1, 3)

and see if tv1 is set to ir of uhf an than if needed set it to ir.

oh yea and just like GoGo said ir is remote address 1

From dishnetwork.com

Changing UHF/IR Using the Switch

Your TV2 remote control has a switch to change from sending both IR and UHF signals to sending only IR. The switch comes preset to the UHF position, which sends both types of signals, but if you have a clear line of sight to the satellite receiver you’re controlling with this remote, then you can change the setting to the IR position to lessen the likelihood of

another UHF remote interfering with yours. This is applicable for TV2 in Dual User mode.

1. Remove the battery cover from the back of the TV2 remote control.

2. Use a small screw driver or a paper clip to carefully change the switch setting.

3. Put the battery cover back on the remote control.

4. Use the SYSTEM INFO button on the front panel to open the System Information screen.

5. Press RECORD on the remote control.

6. Make sure the System Information screen shows the correct information:

6a. Switch position UHF—IR/UHF Pro

6b. Switch position IR—IR only.

I just went back to the house today. Enabled IR pass through on the driver to learn new remote codes. Didnt work. We called dish and they came to swap out the box. When we did this it worked perfectly. It was the stupid box. Goes to show that not everything is perfect eh.

Archived