C4 Forums | Control4

i must be dumb - mp3 playing from nas - grouping mp3s for no reason??

Hi - have got my mp3 on my nas and i can access them - however for some reason composer is grouping 10 songs from various artists all under the heading of 1 artist - and i can't seem to seperate them. any ideas on how to fix this? thanks

oh ya - may be a dumb question - but how do you pause or stop a song that is playing - can't figure it out....... :( i feel dumb

ok ok - i figured out now to put them in their own folders before moving them over - and manually picking the correct album it is from if it didn't come up on its own - but....

the pause or stop when playing mp3 through the on screen navigator still perplexes me....... ideas?

If you are using the navigator on a TV, I would try the pause or stop button. The Room Off button will also stop the music because it, well, turns the room off.

If you are using a touchpanel then check the botton of the screen, the controls are down there.

On my remote - I tried the pause button, stop button, etc - pretty much every button available lol - I'm assuming it should work...... but doesn't. hmmmmm

on the mini touch screen - again i can't figure out where to pause or stop - seems all i can do is restart a song.

very odd.

By the way a big thank you to all who keep helping me with figuring this stuff out - this is by far the most helpful forum (not just for C4 but for any forum i've been in) - kudos!

so yes - i guess i was dumb - didnt have remote on correct room to control digital music - oops - 'slaps face'

Is there a way to put a side tab on the on screen navigator to show 'mp3' and then if i click that it will bring up my digital music from there?

it is ..... but not if you have to change rooms first - (for me i have to change from main floor living room back to main floor, then to basement, then to utility room then to digital music) maybe my hc300 is slow but takes 15 seconds to change to another room, then another 15 seconds to move cursor over to digital music, then another 15 seconds to begin selecting anytihng - close to a minute already..... everything is pretty slow on my system

Well, if you are moving the remote around the house you are always going to have to change it's location - it has no other way to know what room you are trying to control.

If you are in the room you want to listen to music in, you shouldn't have to bounce around like that. Plus, with those custom buttons, you can turn music on in other parts of the house. I have a tab of 6 custom buttons in several rooms of my house that turn 6 different combos of rooms on. I have one for upstairs, common areas, whole house, etc... I also have one setup with playlists.

I guess in order to give you a better recommendation I would need to know a little bit more about what you have, how it is setup, and what you're trying to accomplish.

Man, stick with one screen name....lol. I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure you can set it up so that any room can access the digital music without having to change to the utility room. At least that's how my music on my 500 works. Any room with audio can access the music on the 500 by simply going to the music tab in the room I want to play it in. You really need to get a dealer in there and fix your system, you are truly missing out on it's simplicity.

Man, stick with one screen name....lol. I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure you can set it up so that any room can access the digital music without having to change to the utility room. At least that's how my music on my 500 works. Any room with audio can access the music on the 500 by simply going to the music tab in the room I want to play it in. You really need to get a dealer in there and fix your system, you are truly missing out on it's simplicity.

That's what I'm saying, it shouldn't be that hard.

It sounds like you need some optimization done on that bad boy. I have all my equipment in one room (utility/storage room) and every room in the house accesses it without a hiccup.

Archived