C4 Forums | Control4

Programming help needed...

Im trying to get a button in my family room to turn on my TV, satellite receiver, and Denon receiver...

I went to programming and I copied the following commands:

Turn on Family Room --> Family Room Denon

Connect Output to Input DVD on Family Room --> Family Room Denon

Turn on Family Room --> LG Plasma

Turn on Family Room --> Satellite

Stop

Unfortunately it only turns on the TV.

What am I doing wrong?

Control4 does not work like this. You are trying to create a Macro, the system will do this for you automatically through proper bindings.

Do the following program

When "Button is pushed"

Select Video Source Satellite Receiver in Family Room.

Thats it. If it is programmed correctly everything will turn on properly.

Dan

go to connections, make sure connections are done

click room name and make sure video, audio end points are done

go to system design, click on room name, check your navigator properties, hide unused devices, refresh navigators and you r all set.

no programming needed. If drivers have all commends c4 will do what you need.

I use press and holds in the house in several places.

Basically you toggle a boolean variable on the press and release of a button. When the button is pressed, set the variable to true. When the button is released, set the variable to falsel. When that variable changes, delay two seconds and check the status of the variable. If the variable is true, then you are still holding down the button and the programming can execute.

Quick, down and dirty, but does it make sense to you?

Yup, perfect, thanks...

The only problem I am running into is with timing. For example Im using a multitap on the same button, so on press one variable increments by 1, the boolean becomes true. I delay 2 seconds and if the boolean is true then the room turns off.

On release I had it set so that it delays 2 seconds, then checks the incremental variable. The problem is if the button is being held then theoretically the variable has incremented by 1 and it will execute the var=1 command which is to turn the room on and set to satellite. How have you gotten around the timing issue, make the press delay 1 second and the release delay 3 seconds to give some leeway?

I have press and hold and multi-taps programmed to the same button in several places throughout the house.

That being said, I don't have any press and hold AND multi-taps on a keypad that has a single press function further than turning on/off the light.

Does that make sense? Is this switch, dimmer, two button keypad or 3+ button keypad?

For my multi-taps I give a 500 millisecond delay, and my press and holds are two seconds. As I already mentioned though, I don't have the combo of press and holds/multi-taps on any buttons that do more than turn a light on or off on a single press.

Archived