C4 Forums | Control4

Savant

I'd just like some forum members take on Savant.

I've actually been over to take a look at their gear, but I'd like a US dealers impression on where they see their product fitting in the overall scheme of things. My impression was Savant are a young enthusiastic company (very much like C4).

But that Savant are actually out to directly target Crestron/AMX (the super rich/high end)...rather than C4. In other words the new upstarts C4 and Savant can live happily side by side in the market, because they are pitching at different ends of the price scale....Are my impressions on this correct.?

But Savant's launch of the 8 zone 4 audio input Protege multiroom solution for under 5K..has got me questioning this....

5K for this sort of system would actually compete head on in price with an equivalent C4 multiroom system....would it not...? Or are my cost estimates out by a couple of grand here??? It's difficult to price all this when you don't live in the US.

Just what are they up too? Are they attempting to get a foot in the door with this Protege multi room audio setup...only to get you hooked and on sell the high end Home auto stuff?

Interesting, because this is just how I got hooked on all this and went with C4. I started with a pure audio setup (Sonos)...then added C4....:)

I don't know that 8 zones and 4 audio inputs for $5k is in the same ballpark pricewise as Control4.

Obviously I don't know that that $5k includes, but you can get a 16 zone C4 Amp (8 zones), that has 8 inputs, a ton a of features, etc... for $2,500. If the $5k includes control points at each of those 8 zones that is another story, but you could buy 6 button keypads for under $200 each, or buy the 10 button LCD keypads.

Just my take on it in about 15 seconds of thought =)

But Savant's launch of the 8 zone 4 audio input Protege multiroom solution for under 5K..has got me questioning this....

This is similaer to Crestron's Prodigy line. As home automation becomes more popular you will start to see more companies, old and new, introduce product lines that are targeted at different price points in order to reach more homes and increase their customer & install base.

I don't know that 8 zones and 4 audio inputs for $5k is in the same ballpark pricewise as Control4.

Obviously I don't know that that $5k includes, but you can get a 16 zone C4 Amp (8 zones), that has 8 inputs, a ton a of features, etc... for $2,500. If the $5k includes control points at each of those 8 zones that is another story, but you could buy 6 button keypads for under $200 each, or buy the 10 button LCD keypads.

Just my take on it in about 15 seconds of thought =)

Yeh...don't know. I think it's all controlled with iphone licences included in price. Interesting pitch by them though. I thought it was Crestron they were targeting. Thanks for responding guys. :)

Archived