C4 Forums | Control4

Pakedge default password

I am so glad I found this forum as I have the same issue. It was all working fine and I controlled my own system but I am now stuck after I stupidly I clicked yes to firmware update. I didn't realize it would move me over to OvrC. Has anyone found a solution apart from buying and old NK-1 from ebay? Sounds a bit drastic and wasteful. I don't even have a professional assigned to my system so I am stuck completely. HELP! Please.

@DeevdT I ran into the same predicament, but was able to setup an OvrC account, then add the NK-1 into it, and enable Wireless Management. After enabling the wireless management feature in OvrC, the NK-1 was able to perform Upgrades to all of the access points (WK-1) that I was previously managing with the device via BakPak (by going into each wireless device that showed up, and then clicking the Update/Upgrade button).

If you're open to using the (more mature?) OvrC platform, I'd recommend simply enabling wireless management there and upgrading the APs to firmware v.2 through the OvrC interface. Unless there's some compelling reason to use BakPak (which will probably be discontinued eventually), moving to OvrC seems to be the most future-proof solution.

It would be nice to have some documentation on this - either in the firmware upgrade notes or elsewhere, but I was unable to find any articles that Pakedge provided to detail this upgrade process. Maybe I didn't look hard enough.

On 4/28/2021 at 4:41 PM, Eddie Kelley said:

@DeevdT I ran into the same predicament, but was able to setup an OvrC account, then add the NK-1 into it, and enable Wireless Management. After enabling the wireless management feature in OvrC, the NK-1 was able to perform Upgrades to all of the access points (WK-1) that I was previously managing with the device via BakPak (by going into each wireless device that showed up, and then clicking the Update/Upgrade button).

If you're open to using the (more mature?) OvrC platform, I'd recommend simply enabling wireless management there and upgrading the APs to firmware v.2 through the OvrC interface. Unless there's some compelling reason to use BakPak (which will probably be discontinued eventually), moving to OvrC seems to be the most future-proof solution.

It would be nice to have some documentation on this - either in the firmware upgrade notes or elsewhere, but I was unable to find any articles that Pakedge provided to detail this upgrade process. Maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Thank you! I did exactly that and I am back in control of my own system. It actually makes the NK-1 obsolete as I can now manage all APs via OvrC instead. 

• 1 month later...

On 4/28/2021 at 12:41 PM, Eddie Kelley said:

I tried contacting my vendor but have no response.  Now the SZ-24P16 has stopped providing power to the AP's, so my expensive network, just over 3 years old, is no longer functional.

I see reports that it is possible manage the AP's individually, but not whether they can still use Pakedge Zones.

5 hours ago, gw3 said:

I tried contacting my vendor but have no response.  Now the SZ-24P16 has stopped providing power to the AP's, so my expensive network, just over 3 years old, is no longer functional.

I see reports that it is possible manage the AP's individually, but not whether they can still use Pakedge Zones.

Sounds like a typical Pakedge network experience. Pakedge Zones are just Vlans so without more knowledge about your network the simple answer is yes. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.