C4 Forums | Control4

speakerpoint issue

Is this a wifi speaker point? If so check the signal strenght. More importantly, when does it make this sound? is it when music is played or is the thump sound always on? One thing you could try is to play an mp3 file that you know is working correctly in the bedroom. If you get cracking or delays, and or popping in the music there might be a networking issue?

I, of course am out of cell phone range today and can't call tech support. anybody run across a speaker point doing this before?

Cable box and dvd run to the tv, then audio out of the tv to the speakerpoint to power the inwalls. The system has worked since the begining of the year and this issue just popped up this weekend. The speaker point and HC200 in that room are wireless talking back to the HC300 in the living room, maybe 20' away and and all other functions seem to work fine just no audio. I had him reboot the HC300, HC200, speakerpoint and the router with no success.

I'm thinking i may be taking a trip :(

If it is a rhythmic thump, I would suspect a bad ground or ground loop.

Activating a source probably just covers up the thumping.

Since the DVD and Cable box are connected via the TV, try removing the cable coax feed coming INTO the cable box and see if that eliminates the pulsing. Coax Cable ground issues are common, the installers never seem to ground the system correctly.

You can also bring along a cheater plug and try it on each device to try and narrow down the hum source.

The thump only is heard when the zone is turned on, They don't have any other audio other than the thumo and it is rythmic.

Press 4m select any source and thump thump thump. Volume level does not adjust just stays a constant level of thump. I'm leaning toward bad speaker point. We have to see when we can get down there, all depends on the client.

Thanks for the ideas :)

Archived