C4 Forums | Control4

Intercom Options in Composer: DS2 vs Chime

I just added a POE Chime to my home, adding to a DS2-mini that I've had for a couple of years.  In Composer, under the Intercom section for each, I'm puzzled by one difference I'm seeing.  The Audio Control options for the DS2-mini are grayed out and unavailable, while they are blue and active for the Chime.

I'm curious about this in general, but also because the audio heard at the DS2-mini when connected to my T3 during an intercom call, has always been poor - breaking up continually.  No such problem when using either of our phones.  I don't know if this is related, and probably isn't, but who knows.

Any ideas?

Edited to Add: Screen Caps added.  Is there no way to delete previously uploaded attachments other than going to individual posts and deleting them there?

Chime.png

DS2.png

29 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

To answer your question on deleting attachments to free up space.  Click on your user name (not the photo! Or big D in your case) at the top right of the screen and then choose “My attachments”.You can delete them there.

Thanks for the reply - yes, that's where I went to see about deleting them.  But I don't see an option to delete them there.  The clickable fields allow me to see the image, go to the post, download the image, etc., but no delete option.  This is in Chrome on a Windows 10 PC; no difference in Edge.

8 minutes ago, Don Cohen said:

Thanks for the reply - yes, that's where I went to see about deleting them.  But I don't see an option to delete them there.  The clickable fields allow me to see the image, go to the post, download the image, etc., but no delete option.  This is in Chrome on a Windows 10 PC; no difference in Edge.

I suspect you are right and you have to click through to the post.  Sorry!

4 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I suspect you are right and you have to click through to the post.  Sorry!

No worries - I was beginning to question my sanity!  At least now I have fewer questions 😉

4 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Turning to your original question.  I have 3 DS2s / minis across 2 projects and all 3 have the audio controls greyed out like yours.  My audio has always been good.

Good to know - thanks.  I have a separate thread on the Audio issue, where another Dealer reported the identical problem in their own showroom, as well as some clients.  I've never gotten an answer there, and thought that this might somehow relate.  Oh well....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.