C4 Forums | Control4

HC250 Checkin Problems

Hello All
Just 3 days ago my HC250 stopped checking in to C4.   This has a valid Insight license.

As a result now Alexa can not communicate to my system.

I am running 2.10.6.561784 since it became available.

Because the HC250 won't upgrade past this I cannot patch any further.

The controller is verified by myself to have Internet connectivity.  I putty into the controller and can ping 4.2.2.2 

Tried DNS resolution and it also works fine.
I am using 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for DNS servers.

My C4 app on my phone works fine locally but not remotely because of the checkin issue.

When I try to run Update Manager it says
Successfully obtained update version information from web service: 1 update version(s) available
Update authorization failed. Failure reason (12): "SOAP fault"

The update URL is http://services.control4.com/Updates2x/v2_0/Updates.asmx

Composer connects fine.  Networking is my Full time job so I can say with Certainty that my network is fine.

Any suggestions of what could possibly be the problem. Thanks for assistance that you may be able to provide.

2 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

Have you tried simply power cycling the controller?

Thanks for your response.  I have recycled it a number of times but to no avail.  The strange thing is I have not done a change to this for likely a few months, so nothing to correlate why it won't check in since Friday.

Take care

27 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

Try using System Manager.  Connect to the HC250, then go to the Setup tab, and under VPN Host dropdown, select Production.  This will reboot the HC250 after you select it.  See if that fixes it.

I tried that.  Now when trying the update manager I got rid of the soap error.

Successfully obtained update version information from web service: 1 update version(s) available
All devices are either up to date or are not currently online. Aborted the update.

Previously it said Update authorization failed. Failure reason (12): "SOAP fault"

Checked the C4 page and it still shows

• Activated on 3/31/2013 8:04:24 PM
  • Checked-in on 8/20/2021 8:10:08 PM
  • Smart Home OS 2.10.6

Thanks for your suggestion.

9 hours ago, blanktree said:

Legit copy of Composer, but employee no longer with company.   The Dealer I bought it all from no longer does C4 installs.  My son was one of the installers and 1 other guy.

His login had worked but perhaps it has expired.

If that dealer is cut off by control4 the systems that are registered to that dealer go off into a black hole never to be seen or heard from again.  It's not quite that bad, but they do get put in a no dealer queue that isn't much better.   On top of that your son's credentials would be cut off.  You need to get this thing registered to an active dealer. 

16 minutes ago, mstafford388 said:

If that dealer is cut off by control4 the systems that are registered to that dealer go off into a black hole never to be seen or heard from again.  It's not quite that bad, but they do get put in a no dealer queue that isn't much better.   On top of that your son's credentials would be cut off.  You need to get this thing registered to an active dealer. 

I had assistance last night from a current C4 installer.   Controller was removed from my account and we tried re-registering but no luck.

Getting an error of 

Controller is not registered
Registering controller...
Controller is not registered
Error while communicating with the Web Services.  Fault = The remote server returned an unexpected response: (400) Bad Request. LSE = 0
No response to check-in request.  VPN connection may be invalid.

400 is usually a Web Cert Error is it not?

Take care

Well I got my system back up and functional.

After much trying different scenarios I had a corrupted Cert on my controller.

I had a spare brand new HC250 and I patched it to the same level and started comparing certs.  (Based on error 400 I was seeing.) 

I ended up doing a factory restore and patched it back and then restored my project.

All is working, checkin is fine, connection to 3rd party apps.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and huge thanks out to @chopedogg88for assistance on the first night.

Take care all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.