C4 Forums | Control4

"Allow Spotify App Volume Control" for Spotify driver in Control4

zaphod

It seems that when you turn this setting to On and use the +/- buttons on your phone (iPhone in my case) to control the volume that it is not changing the volume on the amp.  When I look at the sessions for my playback and I use these buttons to change volume I hear the volume changing, but the volume sliders don't move.  Presumably it is changing the level of the digital stream sent from the Spotify servers to your C4 controller.  Why is this?  Can't the Spotify API send volume change info to Control4?  Or is this just a shortcoming of the Spotify driver in Control4?

FYI - I am using Driver Version 85, so maybe I don't have the latest version.

You need to be in the app for it to work/make sure you can use spotify connect and adjust volume with the phone for the app.  As in you may just be adjusting ring tone volume. 

Also it will not adjust volumes on your amps/matrix switch this way, what it does is changes the spotify input volume itself.

It does work, but, as you say, it does not adjust amp volume.  I am just asking why not?  Can't the Spotify API just tell the C4 API to increase the volume on the amp, as if I was using a volume slider in the C4 iPhone app?  Or is that not technically possible?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.