C4 Forums | Control4

Windows 7 Users

If someone could help that would be great.

I just got a new Windows 7 PC and I am having hard time getting the files to share. The settings should all be the same as in Composer, but it won't connect. I have disabled windows firewall, and I am just running AVG. They connect to my XP machine just fine, but won't connect to Windows 7.

Any advice?

Man, I can't figure out why this isn't working!

Another Windows 7 annoyance is the stinking pop-up that asks me if I want to run Composer everytime I try to open it. If you could help me get rid of that I would be very thankful.

This new PC has been frustrating thus far, but the 25" 1080P monitor is bitchin!

I got it. Damned Windows 7, why did they have to change everything.

If anyone else is struggling with this shoot me an email. I found the setting that was hanging it up.

I am curious as to what you've found, could you post it rather than email?

I will when I get home. It was a security setting that only allowed computer with the proper crudentials to access shared files on the network.

I thought it was wierd because you put your username and password into Composer, but it wouldn't connect until I unchecked that box.

I'll post a screenshot when I get home.

I will when I get home. It was a security setting that only allowed computer with the proper crudentials to access shared files on the network.

I thought it was wierd because you put your username and password into Composer, but it wouldn't connect until I unchecked that box.

I'll post a screenshot when I get home.

Awesome – this is the first time I’ve heard of this issue, so It would be good information to know.

Thanks again.

• 2 years later...

hi there... hope this goes to somone, bringing this thread back from the grave!

I have a windows 7 ultimate machine that i have tried everything to to get network file storaage to work on. I also have a NAS but want to ditch it as I The access to the raid set i have on my win 7 pc is way faster.

Im still on director 1.7.4

Im getting the cant connect to network share error in composer.

ive tried all the tricks on here and has anyone come up with any solutions?

thanks

Archived