C4 Forums | Control4

Weird Ecobee temp update problem

DLite

Lately, I'm having a new and strange issue with my Ecobees.  Occasionally, one T4 touch screen -- not always the same one -- seems to stop updating the temperature of one or two Ecobee thermostats on the touch screen interface.  The Ecobee driver still shows up as linked on the touch screens and in Composer, and I can still control the thermostats perfectly well from C4.  Other experience buttons are also updating fine on the relevant touch screen.  Moreover, other Ecobee thermostats will also be updating perfectly fine on that particular touch screen.  Note that this behavior isn't isolated to a single particular touch screen, nor is it isolated to a single particular Ecobee thermostat; it will intermittently crop up on one or other of our touch screens, with one or other of our Ecobees being affected.  Finally, this isn't a minor delay due to polling lags either -- the temp sometimes doesn't update for 12-18 hours.  

Rebooting the touch screen in question will fix the problem immediately.  Waiting also seems to solve it eventually, but things have been out of sync for 24 hours in some cases.

We've had our Ecobees integrated for years, but this is a new one to me.  Has anyone else seen this issue?  

Thanks

On 3/2/2022 at 1:04 PM, DLite said:

Lately, I'm having a new and strange issue with my Ecobees.  Occasionally, one T4 touch screen -- not always the same one -- seems to stop updating the temperature of one or two Ecobee thermostats on the touch screen interface.  The Ecobee driver still shows up as linked on the touch screens and in Composer, and I can still control the thermostats perfectly well from C4.  Other experience buttons are also updating fine on the relevant touch screen.  Moreover, other Ecobee thermostats will also be updating perfectly fine on that particular touch screen.  Note that this behavior isn't isolated to a single particular touch screen, nor is it isolated to a single particular Ecobee thermostat; it will intermittently crop up on one or other of our touch screens, with one or other of our Ecobees being affected.  Finally, this isn't a minor delay due to polling lags either -- the temp sometimes doesn't update for 12-18 hours.  

Rebooting the touch screen in question will fix the problem immediately.  Waiting also seems to solve it eventually, but things have been out of sync for 24 hours in some cases.

We've had our Ecobees integrated for years, but this is a new one to me.  Has anyone else seen this issue?  

Thanks

Ok, I'll answer my own post.  After 4-5 days of this behavior, the problem cleared up on its own.  No drivers were updated, and I didn't reboot the director.  I did restart the touch screens a few times, although that seemed unconnected to the resolution.  🤷‍♂️

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.