C4 Forums | Control4

Having a problem writing a new serial driver

hometheaterguy

It has been awhile since I have written a driver. This is a serial driver for the Reavon UBR-X200. The coding goes well, however, after adding the I/O info and saving the driver the I/O info is not in the driver when I go to make connections. Is this a C4 issue ? The I/O info is HDMI IN, and HDMI A/V, HDMI AUDIO,  Coaxial. Optical, XLR as outputs. Also, when I try to edit the driver the I/O block is grayed out. The earlier drivers I wrote went fine. Any info would be appreciated. Also, the mfr serial info is written in hex. I recall I converted hex to decimal in the past...does it matter?

It sounds like you're using the Driver Creation Wizard in Composer to create your driver. Is this correct?

As far as I/O connections not showing, that sounds like an issue with driver creation. Could you post the resulting c4i file?

Just to confirm, is the I/O block greyed out if you use the driver dropdown at the top of composer and select 'Edit Existing Driver' to edit your driver?

Yes, I am using the Composer driver creation tool. The file is attached. Yes when I try to make a connection using the driver, other than the serial connection, no other connections programed into the driver show up. Also, when I go to edit the driver, the I/O bar is grayed out. When reviewing the driver in Notepad, all the data is there.

dvd_Reavon_UBR-X200.c4i

The driver that you posted adds to my C4 project just fine. I'm not sure why it's not showing the connections as available for you. My first step, if you haven't yet, would be toremove the driver from your project and from your Control4 drivers folder on your PC and restart Composer and then add the driver back. I've had this clear some driver issues before.

I'm seeing the same thing with editing if I right click on the driver in the project and select Edit Driver. This shows the Input Output tab greyed out. Using the Driver dropdown option works as expected.

Thank you Andrew for your help. I discovered that a glitch occurred when deleting the driver from the project. When adding the driver I noted that the info of the driver details when loaded into the project were different from the actual driver details. The project referred to a test driver I quickly wrote to test the commands but somehow was retained in the project file. I was able to sync this driver with the correct driver through the project driver screen. Now all is correct.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for sharing this, tested the chowmain one and not really worth shelling out for when this does all the basics.

Player feels like a pale imitation of the oppo, but hey-ho. Panasonic next time.

Just bumping this because I foolishly bumped a thread without a working driver in it. One point - you added an HDMI in, when the player doesn't actually have one.. 🤪

In case you do read this, do you have a nice tool for converting the strings provided by Reavon into decimal or did you do them 'by hand'?

Power On (1)	0xF5 0x21 0x01 0x08 0x02 0x19 0xF5 0x0D
Power On    	?    33   1    8    2    25   245  13

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.