C4 Forums | Control4

Inline switches

Hello,

I'm new to C4 and am in the planning stages for my system.

I have a bank of 4 standard switches and what I'm hoping to accomplish is somehow replace 3 of the 4 switches with an inline switch/controller of some kind for each switch that mounts in each of the switches junction boxes so I can cover 3 of the switches up and just have one switch with a keypad to control the other 3 loads.

3 of the 4 switches control dimmable lighting but the 4th switch controls a large load and will require an on/off switch.

I can't find any inline switches but did find an old product that was an inline dimmer, but it's no longer made or available, and I need an on/off non-dimmable switch anyway.

I also found a keypad with a built in dimmer for a load that hooks directly to the dimmer/keypad but I don't see an on/off variant of that keypad/dimmer switch.

Is there any other way I could easily convert that bank of 4 switches into just one with a keypad to control all 4 loads, 3 of them being dimmable and one being on/off only, so I can cover up the other 3 switches?

Thanks for your help in figuring this out.

I found this item, which would be perfect and is exactly what I'm looking for I think, but it's only available in a square/240v UK style and not US 120v!

It's the only thing I can find that is a non-dimmable on/off switch with configurable keypad.

Do they not make a US version of this?

Dual Load Switch - C4-SDSW240-N

Cover up how?

It's more a wiring issue, than a hardware issue.
You need to maintain access to those connections that are made inside the current box.
If any are 3 ways, than that may offer options as well.

Yes, you could use Shelly modules, put a keypad dimmer on one load, put Shelly on the other three, and cover it with a single hole decora plate that is 4 gang size.

If you goal is cosmetic, to only see a single decora size on the wall, than you'll need to find a way to make junctions and rewire and relocate switching.

I was thinking about using a blank cover plate with no holes for switches in it for the 3 gang switch bank then for the one single switch just a few inches away, that is where I'd prefer having the keypad, but the load that switch controls is a high wattage on/off only load so I don't know which product to use or what would work?

Do you have a link or a specific model number for the "Shelley" device you mentioned?  I'd like to check that out and see if it will work for my needs.

Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.