C4 Forums | Control4

Issue with Apple TV and Chromecast

I'm having a strange issue with Apple TV and Chromecast. Wondering if anyone here has any suggestions.

APPL TV 4K -> Binary HDMI Matrix -> Marantz SR6008 Receiver -> Gefen HDMI over Cat6 -> Panasonic ZT60

Chromecast -> Binary HDMI Matrix -> Marantz SR6008 Receiver -> Gefen HDMI over Cat6 -> Panasonic ZT60

-- When I turn on the room directly to either Apple TV or Chromecast, the TV shows "No signal".

-- If I switch to another source and back, everything works fine. By extension, if I already have another source running in the room and switch to either of these two, everything works fine.

I have the same connections going to another room (shown below) and this issue does not happen there.

APPL TV 4K -> Binary HDMI Matrix -> Cambridge Audio 651R Receiver -> Gefen HDMI over Cat6 -> Panasonic ZT60

Chromecast -> Binary HDMI Matrix -> Cambridge Audio 651R Receiver -> Gefen HDMI over Cat6 -> Panasonic ZT60

The only difference between the 2 rooms is the receiver. I don't think the receiver itself is bad because it works fine with other sources. I'm guessing there is some setting within the receiver (or a conflict of a setting in another component with this specific receiver) which is causing this.

2 hours ago, lippavisual said:

Have you tried setting the ATV and Chromecast to never sleep?  This way HDMI sync remains?  Marantz usually doesn't have HDMI issues, at least for me.

Otherwise, the usual upgrade firmware could also help.

The Apple TV is set to never sleep. Chromecast does not have any settings. All devices are on latest firmware and software.

I agree - in every other aspect the Marantz is very stable and better than the Cambridge Audio.

Another thing I noticed is if I set the Binary Matrix to turn off when not in use, rather than be always on, the issue disappears. Maybe there is some handshake or something that needs to happen which does not happen if the matrix is already on. I would use that setting but in that case, the TiVo box loses audio and has to be restarted every time 🙄.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.