C4 Forums | Control4

HC300 does not power on

hd57

Hello, 

I am new to this forum. I have a HT setup powered by C4-HC300-E-B which failed to start yesterday. On checking the the front of the unit , none of the light are on, especially the power indicator. I unplugged the cable from the back and re plugged ,checked the surge protector ( which did not indicate any power surges ), tried plugging in another outlet. No power. Searching the internet , a blown power unit seems to be the most likely cause. Please suggest other troubleshooting tips and solutions. Thank you 

13 minutes ago, mstafford388 said:

It's almost certainly the internal power supply.  I'm impressed yours lasted this long.  it's not hard to replace if you can find one, but that thing is also ancient.  Maybe time for an upgrade. 

Thank you for your input. U are right it did last a long time 😂. I was quoted $1500 for core1 + $400 for the remote !! Looking at option to salvage one from a used unit on eBay or better option to find the specific part online so don’t have to worry about it dying prematurely. Don’t want to spend $$$ unless compelled 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.