C4 Forums | Control4

Remote Car Starter

hike

Very easy. I have a viper system in the car. I used the relay output on my HC 300 to provide a pulse to the extra wireless keypad included with the system. Right now I just have remote start wired in since I don't have any extra relay outs but you could have multiple cars or functions. I also want to add the two way feed back from the car so I can trigger alarm events and confirm the car turns on. I trigger the remote start with a custom button on the navigator. I also have a button on by my bed,that when activated, triggers the remote start based on the temperature outside and my wake up time plus one hour. Not hard to do but you should be comfortable with basic soldering and schematics.

** I also have an additional circuit built between the viper remote and the relay contact that only allows one pulse to the viper keypad every 15 minutes and provides a physical disconnect between the viper remote and hc 300 . I was concerned with the HC300 pulsing multiple times in a power failure, reboot situation. I also wanted a disable switch just in case, although, so far the relay out on the HC 300 has been very reliable.

Is your car parked outside, or is there some method of handling the exhaust of the car parked in the garage?

I park my cars in the garage, but it still gets pretty darn cold in there this time of year (the garage door froze closed last night).

RyanE

Is your car parked outside, or is there some method of handling the exhaust of the car parked in the garage?

I park my cars in the garage, but it still gets pretty darn cold in there this time of year (the garage door froze closed last night).

RyanE

couldn't you just trigger the G Door to open after 5 min to clear out the exhaust??

My car lives in the driveway:-(. No garage.

But I would imagine opening the garage after x amount of time would be an option.

I would probably also consider a simple exhaust hose with an inline fan to pull the exhaust out and leave the heat in.

Very common in fire stations and ambulance bays. I'm sure pre made systems exists.

I would think heating the garage might be a better option. Simply raise the heat an hour before you plan on leaving? Easy to automate that with C4.

My solution works very well for the driveway.

I would look into heating the garage or turning on a small 12v heater in the car via remote to warm it up. No exhaust and shouldn't kill the battery if its only a few minutes of run time. I have one for my honda element and it will run a two hours with enough battery to crank the car.

Archived