C4 Forums | Control4

Zones are being dropped and not coming on at all.

We have a house that has has 12 zones of audio, 3 of which have there own receiver the other 9 are coming off a matrix switch and 2 control4 amps. The problem will occur when we start the music and then add all zones. All the zones then come up muted and stay muted so no music comes on. We can press unmute and it shows that the zone is not muted but still no music. Also sometimes when we start all the zones it works fine then after some time it will just drop a zone or 2 or sometimes it has dropped every zone but still shows the music is playing everywhere on the controllers. we just updated the project to 1.7.4 and it helped with the lag and made the dropped out zones more sparse but still same problem. Has anyone had any problems like this? any help would be much appreciated as we are at our whits end on this. If i need to disclose any more info please just ask.

we have power cycled the switch and both amps multiple times, and it does clear it up for a little while but it never fails we get a call the next morning and its happening again.

I should include that the music that we are streaming is coming from a Media Controller not a NAS drive or anything. and from the customers call this morning the zones that have there own receiver are working just fine its only the zones that rely on the amps for power. we are lost thanks IloveC4 for the quick response.

Sounds a lot like my setup. I have an HC300 for navigator through the matrix, and HC300 running director, and the old school media controller serving up the audio.

My system is always kept up to date, and I haven't experienced these issues with any level of consistency.

I wish I could help better. One thought that comes in to my rookie mind is that maybe the commands aren't getting to devices at the same time, what switch gear are you using?

so in the end we deleted the controller, the switch and the 2 amps from the project reloaded them in, then powercycled EVERYTHING every single controller everything. reset the volumes and now everything seems to be working ok. we dont know what the problem was but i have to say the new 1.7.4 update rocks and that helped a lot with the lag from this system.

Archived