C4 Forums | Control4

C4-TSWMC7-EG-BL swap

Jonathon

Question

Hello All,

We have a C4 system that is integrated into the lights, security & heating. It's based on an HC800 controller and has 2x C4-TSWMC7-EG-BL touch panels. One of the touch panels freezes all the time. Sometimes it will run for a few minutes before this happens. If we are lucky it will run for a day, we have now disconnected it. The system was installed in about 2017 I have no idea what the warranty periods are for this stuff although I suspect it's probably run out.

How easy is it to swap out for another unit? We have had a quote for £1300! to replace it, which frankly is ridiculous. If I source a replacement what do I have todo to pair or otherwise get the config onto that panel? The HC800 is running Smart OS 3.2.4

Thank you, any input is gratefuly recieved.

Jonathon

5 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

you need a dealer to swap it in software, but has your system been updated since being installed? that may help a lot

I don't understand, surely the panel is faulty? Either way £1300 ($1445) seems excessive. Controller is running 3.2.4 so that's up to date isn't it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.