C4 Forums | Control4

Track TV state in Control 4

garyes

Hello I'm not sure if this is possible - Does anyone know if its possible to track the state of a sony TV in control 4 if its turned on with the Sony remote. If its turned on now with the sony remote C4 sees it as off.

Thanks

Gary

If using an IR driver, no.

If using the IP driver, I don't know the answer to that question, but probably not, since most IP protocols for TVs shut down the IP API when the TV powers down, to meet Energy Star (California) energy usage guidelines.  Some can turn this off, but I don't know if that allows the driver to know the TV's power state or not.

RyanE

Short anwser is no (with the actual drivers). 

Sony API is HTTP based, and C4 doesnt poll info of status of the TV. At least the tests I had made. 

This problem is not only when you turn on via Sony remote, also if you change the source with phone: Example: You are watching TV from a provider box, and then you launch the Netflix from the phone APP. C4 wont notice the change of sources. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.