C4 Forums | Control4

MP3s scan but not added.

Composer HE 1.7 running on Mac via VMware Fusion. Have mp3s on Lacie external drive connect via USB. Original Mac ran the media manager then updated to Composer HE works great but is wife's computer. Second Mac I use with HE installed, scans new mp3s but when complete they are not added to media list will only add if use wife's Mac. Second Mac needs to be primary since wife uses hers for work. Any help appreciated. Both Mac same versions HE.

Retried then refreshed no help. While scanning I see Director Status listing new songs on lacie but when complete get following message image. also posted sample log file excerpt image. Confuses me because I have no problem when use wife's computer.

Any of the media have special or foreign (non-English) characters? That can cause the database to become corrupted.

Too my knowledge no special characters. Furthermore, historically, if I were to use wife's computer asap (she's at work now) the same files in question will be added to media library and I am able to view them in library when I reconnect back to director with my computer (also I can create playlist but only wife's computer will move mp3 files to playlist). Other composer feature, monitoring, works (ie lights) with my computer, it just appears the media section will only recognize/acknowledge wife's computer. Thanks for help I will read any further posts/suggestions you may have. Calling it quits for now. If resolved I will post.

Just confirmed on wife computer she's running media edition not home edition. Executed scan and all read in. Going to try at least 2 things. First copy project file from her computer to mine. Second will load media edition on my computer and see if it works.

The project resides on the director, not the computer.

What's on the computer is simply a backup file. Every computer that accesses your director accesses the same file.

Archived