C4 Forums | Control4

Strange problem with media scanning....

Okay, so I have a Sony DVD changer with about 300 discs as well as a NAS with another ~300 movies on it. Everything scans and works correctly, with one small glitch.

The movie "My Sister's Keeper" is digitally backed up to the NAS, and is added into the media library and has been for several weeks. Everytime I add a new movie to the NAS and I hit scan, it deletes this movie from the list and re-adds it. This wouldn't be a problem except when it re-adds it the cover art and the studio name aren't found using the lookup, so I have to edit the movie everytime.

I have since saved the cover art to my computer so I can find it quicker, and I have memorized the studio. I would love to stop this from happening though. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I just create a folder with the movie title, then "copy dvd to hard disc" with the target as the newly created folder. So it when I open the folder "My Sister's Keeper" there is another folder called "MY_SISTERS_KEEPER", and then inside that folder is the audio_ts and video_ts folders.

I removed the apostrophe and it seems to have fixed it. I renamed it from "My Sister's Keeper" to "My Sisters Keeper". It still moves it to the bottom of the list everytime I scan like it is new, but the coverart and studio information stays in tact, which was my gripe.

Thanks for the suggestion wingzz.

I removed the apostrophe and it seems to have fixed it. I renamed it from "My Sister's Keeper" to "My Sisters Keeper". It still moves it to the bottom of the list everytime I scan like it is new, but the coverart and studio information stays in tact, which was my gripe.

Thanks for the suggestion wingzz.

Hey it was worth a try

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay on this, but:

Technical Support Bulletin

Composer keeps removing cover art whenever I scan a movie

Affects: Whenever you add a movie, then re-scan the drive within Composer, you'll have files that lose the cover art.

Detail: This is caused by the name tag of the movie: example elmo'sworld.avi

Action: If you take the apostrophe " ' " out of the name of the file and re-scan, then do the auto-search for the cover art, etc it links it.

Example:

Before: elmo'sworld.avi

After: elmosworld.avi

Sorry for the delay on this, but:

Technical Support Bulletin

Composer keeps removing cover art whenever I scan a movie

Affects: Whenever you add a movie, then re-scan the drive within Composer, you'll have files that lose the cover art.

Detail: This is caused by the name tag of the movie: example elmo'sworld.avi

Action: If you take the apostrophe " ' " out of the name of the file and re-scan, then do the auto-search for the cover art, etc it links it.

Example:

Before: elmo'sworld.avi

After: elmosworld.avi

Thanks for an official confirmation on what the problem was...

Archived