C4 Forums | Control4

Arcam AV40 Firmware Update

I just did a firmware on the Arcam AV40 to version 1.60. The update went well with no problems, but now, Control4 can't see the Arcam. I have reached out to my dealer for help, but thought I would see if anyone has any ideas. I am using IP to control the Arcam and the IP address has not changed. I tried the "Send" "Control4 Identity" command in the Arcam menu, but that didn't work. I tried resetting the C4 controller and the Arcam. 

Any other ideas? Thanks!

Update - My dealer got it fixed. Apparently the firmware impacted SDDP (though I am not sure what that is) but IP still works. 

12 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

SDDP is way for Control4 to discover a device (short and dirty version) on a network- I assume your dealer entered the direct IP instead (always an option). Glad you got it figured out.

Got it. Yes, he entered the IP address (which I already had static in the router). 

The only difference now is that the Arcam seems slower in switching inputs. Power and volume are fine. It is fine as is, but I find it weird that the switching is slow. 

1 hour ago, BY96 said:

Got it. Yes, he entered the IP address (which I already had static in the router). 

The only difference now is that the Arcam seems slower in switching inputs. Power and volume are fine. It is fine as is, but I find it weird that the switching is slow. 

Did you check the Arcam site to make sure you're on the latest driver? Sometimes new firmware needs a driver update. 

15 minutes ago, SpencerT said:

Did you check the Arcam site to make sure you're on the latest driver? Sometimes new firmware needs a driver update. 

Latest C4 drive on the Arcam website was from August 2021, version 124

Edit - However, I am only on version 120. 

33 minutes ago, SpencerT said:

I'd give it a shot (check the release notes first). You should be able to update it from HE (I have to do this with a NAD bluesound device when I update firmware as well). 

The change logs don't show any relevant changes between 120 and 124, but it is worth a try I guess. 

Update - Got version 124 installed and no change. I did e-mail Arcam in case this is an issue with the AV40 firmware. 

• 2 weeks later...

As a follow-up, I have been in contact with Arcam, but they are not much of a help. They are only offering I send in the unit to be checked out (with the shipping to the repair shop at my expense). But I am hoping someone here has an idea to fix the issue as I think it may be C4 related. I have the latest Arcam firmware (which is when the problem started) and the latest C4 driver. 

At this point, for reasons I don't know, the Arcam is turning on and off correctly every time (unlike before) when I send a command through C4. The switching to the one input is still slow, but that is not a big deal. The major problem now is that I have the Arcam set for the display on the unit to turn off after 5 seconds. Volume changes have never impacted the display, but muting the unit or changing inputs does turn on the display for 5 seconds, and then it goes off. However, ever since I upgraded the Arcam firmware, the display will correctly turn off after 5 seconds, but will then turn back on for no reason. It will then turn off after 5 seconds, and then back on. This pattern will continue until I use the Arcam remote or app to turn the display off. Then it will work correctly until the Arcam is shutdown. The next time I use the Arcam, the problem returns. 

However, when I unplug the LAN from the Arcam, thus disconnecting it from Control4, the problem goes away immediately and the display auto-off works correctly. My one thought is that Control4 is sending unintended signals to the Arcam, which causes the display to turn on inappropriately, but the fact that using the Arcam remote to turn off the display solves the probably temporarily argues against it being a C4 issue. I tried changing the LAN cable and restarting the C4 controller, neither of which made any difference. I do have a new Core 3 on the way to replace my EA-3, so there is a small chance that will solve the problem. 

I have asked Arcam to send me the prior firmware to install to see if that fixes the problem, but so far, they have not gotten back to me about that request. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.