C4 Forums | Control4

Kwikset Zigbee Lock

A new set of AA batteries lasted me only 2 weeks before giving me low battery warnings. The manual states that batteries should last one year. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have auto-lock on and LED on.

Out in the cold?

Might want to use the higher priced lithium ones, they stand up to the cold MUCH better.

I have three card access wireless contact sensors mounted in fence posts around house monitoring gates. They have been out there two years, and I just recently got an alert saying the batteries in one of them were low. I live in Utah, and it gets damn cold here. These were the cheap chinese batteries that came with the unit....I don't think the cold would kill them that fast.

The real question is how often to lock and unlock the door?

The lock is installed on an interior door so cold isn't the issue. I called customer service and they're sending me a replacement board. Hope this works.

Have you burned through a second set of batteries yet? You may want to try another set first, I got something for Christmas that appeared to be DOA. As a last ditch effort I replaced the battery (odd sized watch battery) and it seems to be working fine, must have just been a defective battery.

• 3 weeks later...

I too am running into a low battery issue on the locks. Right now these locks are just installed and NOT connected into Control4. We are waiting for 2.0 to come out. These locks were installed in the middle of december and we have had 2 sets of AA batteries die. The first set lasted about 2 weeks with not a lot of use. The doors were mix of interior and exterior doors. I swapped out the batteries to a new batch of just purchased batteries thinking there was a bad bunch of batteries when first installed. But now nearly 2 weeks later I am getting the low battery signals from all of them. There are a total of 7 locks here.

I am wondering if the problem is because I dont have them programmed into the Control4 system yet. Do you think there is a constant signal being sent trying to connect to the zigbee server?

Archived