C4 Forums | Control4

MoiP De-embedded audio to Audio Matrix

Hey all, 

Have an issue with C4 not working the way I would expect it to and don't know if I have a configuration issue or have an unrealistic expectation. 

I'm doing some testing with Binary MoiP gear: 

• MoiP Controller (B-900-MOIP-4K-CTRL)
  • 2 TX (B-900-MOIP-4K-TX-2AC, B-900-MOIP-4K-TX)
  • 3 RX (B-900-MOIP-4K-RX-2AC, B-900-MOIP-4K-RX, B-900-MOIP-A-RX)

Connections are:

• Roku connected via HDMI to B-900-MOIP-4K-TX-2AC, and then stereo audio out from the TX to a Triad Audio Matrix (in Control4 this is represented as Stereo out from Roku to Matrix)
  • B-900-MOIP-4K-RX connected to a 2021 Samsung Frame

The video and audio pass to the Frame TV as expected, however, I would expect to be able to add other zones to the Roku session to have the audio play in that zone (due to the de-embedded audio)... but the other zones don't show as available to add. If I make the Roku available in the listen menu for another zone (e.g., Kitchen) I'm able to 'listen' to the Roku and it will play the audio from the Roku. 

Please let me know if any of the above needs further clarification. I'm hoping it's maybe just a configuration thing and someone can set me straight!

Thanks in advance.

The 'add zone' issue you are seeing is that the Roku is selected as a video selection, so it's ability to join to other rooms is limjted to where it's available as a video selection.

You can sort of bypass this by making the Roku available under listen in the other zones as you've mentioned, select it as a source in one of those rooms, then join any other rooms to that 'audio selection' of the Roku

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.