C4 Forums | Control4

LEAF LU1E/BINARY B-660 BALUNS

nevets23

All,

I'm in a situation where I have a Leaf 4k Matrix (6x6). Long story short, only 5 of the 6 outputs was being used. Now, I need to add the last output to the system. The remaining output is one of the HDBT outputs. As a result, I need to use a LU1E receiver, however I don't have one available (ironically, I have a couple of the Leaf HDBT extenders, but you can't use just the receiver end on them, so they're useless in this situation). As a result, I have integrated a Binary B-660 Balun, as SNAP's compatibility sheet says it should work.

The issue I have is that the Binary Balun does work, but certainly not flawlessly. When switching sources, the picture comes up quickly/as it should on everything other than when switching to Apple TV 4Ks . When you switch to an Apple TV 4K, the picture does eventually show up, but it initially shows a "no signal" and then after about a minute or so, will typically show the picture. This happens no matter what 4k TV the balun is connected to, as I've tried it on multiple 4k TVs. I've also tried setting the Apple 4K Tvs to 4k (30) and many other rates to see if it makes any difference, but it doesn't. Waiting a minute for the source to work out any hdcp issues (or whatever is causing this to happen) isn't an option.

It's extremely hard for me to believe I am the only one to run into this problem, as Apple TVs are extremely common. As a side note, the DIP switches that allow you to control EDID and Audio settings for the Binary receiver are on the transmitter, which I can't actually use in this situation, as it requires the output from the matrix to be HDMI. Also, all TVs in the system are 4K, so that isn't an issue.

Has anyone had this issue? If so, were you able to solve it, and, if so, how? Also, has anyone tried or had any luck with any other baluns? If I had my choice, I would simply get another LU1E and call it a day, especially since it would allow IR, which I could actually use in this situation, but since it's discontinued (which is another issue all together), that's not an option....although, if anyone has an LU1E, please let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

EDID problem for that source.  Requires more setup in the matrix. 

I tend to agree the issue is caused by EDID. However, given that the LU1E baluns work perfectly, it seems to me that something is funky with Binary Balun. Otherwise, why wouldn't this issue be present with the other LU1E baluns?

I don't think there is any more setup that can really be done in the matrix itself. If you know of something specific, please share.

Thanks,

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.