C4 Forums | Control4

Home Connect - HomeKit C4 Driver

slim42dog

I just got installed the Home Connect Driver in my C4 System today.   So far, mostly everything of my devices appear to be working properly.  All my cameras and Doorbells are integrated as well.   Does anyone know if activity notifications are supported for these Chime POE Doorbells?   I see the option in the home app, and when I enable it, and then go back to options it's disabled again.   Doorbell notifications do work through all my ATV's which is a huge plus over the SIRI Voice driver, among other things being the simplistic nature of setup.   

Other thing to note, when adding the Doorbells, it added 3 buttons in the room I assigned it to?   An intercom button, a camera button, and one that just says the name of the doorbell.   

Any guidance would be great.

Thx!

• 3 weeks later...

How does this compare to the Varietas Driver to connect to Homebridige?  I've had it installed for almost 6 years and it works great.  I think development of new features has stopped, so wondering about switching.  I tried the driver by DTI and couldn't get it to work correctly with a https connection to Homebridge.

Thanks,

Dave

On 12/21/2023 at 12:05 PM, slim42dog said:

I just got installed the Home Connect Driver in my C4 System today.   So far, mostly everything of my devices appear to be working properly.  All my cameras and Doorbells are integrated as well.   Does anyone know if activity notifications are supported for these Chime POE Doorbells?   I see the option in the home app, and when I enable it, and then go back to options it's disabled again.   Doorbell notifications do work through all my ATV's which is a huge plus over the SIRI Voice driver, among other things being the simplistic nature of setup.   

Other thing to note, when adding the Doorbells, it added 3 buttons in the room I assigned it to?   An intercom button, a camera button, and one that just says the name of the doorbell.   

Any guidance would be great.

Thx!

The activity notifications will not work as I do not yet have support for HomeKit Secure Video recording which I believe backs these notifications. Since you have a Chime doorbell you can optionally add the motion sensor it exposes to Apple Home and turn on activity notifications for it instead of the camera.

Regarding the 3 separate buttons, I actually just pushed an update to fix that yesterday and it should just show one button per Chime doorbell now. The buttons work just as @ChzBurger explained, but its a bit redundant to add them if you are adding the doorbell as a camera since you can use the camera accessory do trigger doorbell automations in Apple Home instead of the button accessory.

4 hours ago, dppeak said:

How does this compare to the Varietas Driver to connect to Homebridige?  I've had it installed for almost 6 years and it works great.  I think development of new features has stopped, so wondering about switching.  I tried the driver by DTI and couldn't get it to work correctly with a https connection to Homebridge.

Thanks,

Dave

I developed the Home Connect driver to cover nearly all device proxies exposed by Control4 and to simplify setup and reliability. The Homebridge/HOOBS configuration is fully automated, plugin install as well, and you only need one driver instance in Control4 to configure everything. I offer a 30d trial through DriverCentral if you want to give it a try. You can email driver-support@finitelabs.com if you have any questions or feature requests.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.