C4 Forums | Control4

Hikvision Doorstation Custom Firmware

Good Afternoon,

I'm currently trying to integrate a Hikvision DS-KV8113 door station into C4 using the Chowmain driver.

In the documentation it mentions about using custom firmware, however I can't seem to find the custom firmware on either of the links in the documentation. I have also tried having a google around to find it but am struggling.

Does anyone happen to have a link to the firmware or a copy of it which they could share please?

@alanchow, if you might be able to assist with this please that would be great!

Thanks!

8 hours ago, markc said:

Good Afternoon,

I'm currently trying to integrate a Hikvision DS-KV8113 door station into C4 using the Chowmain driver.

In the documentation it mentions about using custom firmware, however I can't seem to find the custom firmware on either of the links in the documentation. I have also tried having a google around to find it but am struggling.

Does anyone happen to have a link to the firmware or a copy of it which they could share please?

@alanchow, if you might be able to assist with this please that would be great!

Thanks!

Hikvision changed chipsets due to chip shortages.  The new revision hardware is not fully compatible with the driver.  A new firmware will be available shortly.  At the moment though the default firmware will work for SIP calls however it is not execute any events (eg doorbell sounds, motion events and more).

1 hour ago, alanchow said:

Hikvision changed chipsets due to chip shortages.  The new revision hardware is not fully compatible with the driver.  A new firmware will be available shortly.  At the moment though the default firmware will work for SIP calls however it is not execute any events (eg doorbell sounds, motion events and more).

Hi Alan, thanks very much for getting back to me so quickly and for the information.

I do have the driver working with the SIP calls and acting as an intercom so all good there. It was the events which I was struggling with so that explains it.

Do you happen to know an ETA for the new firmware?

Thanks! 

4 hours ago, markc said:

Hi Alan, thanks very much for getting back to me so quickly and for the information.

I do have the driver working with the SIP calls and acting as an intercom so all good there. It was the events which I was struggling with so that explains it.

Do you happen to know an ETA for the new firmware?

Thanks! 

The firmware is in active development.

• 3 months later...
23 hours ago, ConneX said:

Hi,

Were having the same issues, does anyone have an update on this firmware has it been released yet ? 

Or do we have an ETA to share with clients ?

Thanks

Hi,

No, I have been keeping an eye on it but I am still yet to see the new firmware release. I reached out to HikVision directly around a month ago and they had no idea what I was even talking about.

Maybe @alanchow can shed a little more light on a release date?

Cheers! 

4 hours ago, markc said:

Hi,

No, I have been keeping an eye on it but I am still yet to see the new firmware release. I reached out to HikVision directly around a month ago and they had no idea what I was even talking about.

Maybe @alanchow can shed a little more light on a release date?

Cheers! 

Still a work in progress.  Please hold off on ordering hardware until we announce a release as it is pending work from Hikvisions end.  No changes to the driver.