C4 Forums | Control4

Coax Camera on Control 4

I have Control 4 EA5 and have labgear DVR with analog cameras wired thru Coax.

I want to integrate the non ip coax cameras in C4, as they are not IP based is there a driver with which i can integrate my labgear DVR into C4.

if not, I read in the forum ( https://www.c4forums.com/forums/topic/28571-analogue-security-cameras-and-dvr-for-control4-integration/ ) that if i change my DVR to  Luma 510 it allocates ip to each camera which C4 can read, do you have a driver for this.

Can anyone suggest any other way or with any new drivers to integrate Coax cameras into C4 thru DVR or directly/

Thanks, apprecaite your feedback.

Yes, driver is supplied by Luma through a Control4 dealer.

You need something to encode the streams for Control4 to be able to show them.
In the past there was (may still be) an Axis encoder you could put in line between the cameras and any old DVR.
But it's probably cheaper and more reliable these days using the Luma DVR.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I recent aquired Luma DVR 500 8CH and have connected my coaxial cameras to it and also to my internal network.

Luma VMS and Luma app is working fine.

I was hoping the DVR will allocate port to ecah camera so that port can be entered into C4 project / driver but this DVR does not do that, so was wondering how does one integrate this into control 4 project ?

as the DVR does not allocate IP or Port for the individual coax camera feeds, so how does one inetgrate into C4 and voew cameras as well as control teh DVR thru C4.

Thanks in advance for reply.