C4 Forums | Control4

How to program a multi-tap.

ILoveC4

• 3 weeks later...

One note on this... since I use lots of multitaps around my house for lighting, and the odds of multiple multitaps occurring at the same time are slim to none (since only my wife and I know about them), I have it programmed so there is a general multi-tap variable for the house, and a separate multitap variable for AV controls, rather than one variable for each button.

I then program it so that on press it increments the variable + 1.

On release it executes the programming after a 2 second delay based on the number of taps, then resets the variable.

One note on this... since I use lots of multitaps around my house for lighting, and the odds of multiple multitaps occurring at the same time are slim to none (since only my wife and I know about them), I have it programmed so there is a general multi-tap variable for the house, and a separate multitap variable for AV controls, rather than one variable for each button.

On release it executes the programming after a 2 second delay based on the number of taps, then resets the variable.

That will work with the one flaw that you already pointed out. If you attempt to do two and the same time you will have problems.

So long as you are okay with that limitation you shouldn't have any problems doing it that way.

This is how they taught us at Tech I as well.

• 5 months later...

I have been following your tutorial on programming a multi-tap, but when I get to the point where I am adding actions that I want to fire upon the multi-tap, The line of code does not indent. I highlight the "If Variable-> Foyer Multi-Tap EQUALS TO 2" before double clicking on the line in the Main Action tab. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

I am running 1.7.4.36

You don't double click on the line of code if you want to indent. You want to left click it with the mouse and drag it right on top of the ? In the conditional statement already in the middle. That will make the new line of code indent underneath the conditional.

Archived