C4 Forums | Control4

how to start an audio playlist from Amazon Music with voice command?

Newbie here... am trying to figure out the best music service to use in Control4, and a lot depends on which one is going to work best with programmed voice commands.  eg. I would like to be able to say "Alexa, play Pink Floyd in the office", and have that trigger a Pink Floyd playlist or radio station from a music service.   I came into C4 as an Apple music subscriber, but quickly discovered the limitations of that, so I signed up for trials of Pandora, Amazon and Tidal to sort through the pros and cons.  I thought I had a winner with Amazon Unlimited Music, which works great from the C4 App, but then I tried to do some voice commands with it and ran into a brick wall -- I haven't figured out a way to start a playlist from Amazon Music with a voice command.  Am I missing something?

I was able to get voice commands to play a Pink Floyd playlist from Tidal (I first had to save the playlist in the Tidal app).   The Tidal interface in Composer was easy to use, with dropdowns to select an album or playlist.  I also got Pandora to play a Pink Floyd station.   Is there a way to do this with Amazon Music that I haven't figured out?   

Have attached a couple of screenshots showing what worked with Tidal and Pandora

ComposerHE.Tidal.PinkFloyd.png

ComposerHE.Pandora.PinkFloyd.png

As far as I know, there is no way to do this.

I was also an Apple Music fan and eventually moved to Tidal in order to get decent integration with C4.  My view is that Tidal and Deezer have the best integration.  Although some people really like the Spotify integration.

If you want real flexibility without programming too much, linking Josh into C4 is said to be a great option.