C4 Forums | Control4

Voice Control Alexa Skill

What is the meaning of a yellow exclamation mark next to a light in the lights list in ALEXA SKILL CONFIGURATION.

I am able to turn on and off but no longer able to request a light intensity. Get a reply the the light does not support that.

Thank you

Screenshot2024-04-13at10_57_32.jpg.73c1993bd2e85c768f4b1872e170db43.jpg 

This gets weird.

I have 1 gas fireplace that is hardwired into control4 with no other means of control.

The fire place does not appear on Alexa controllable devices in the Control4 page under Voice Control.

Does not appear on the Alexa app.

If I ask Alexa to turn on the fireplace I get "more than one device shares the name fireplace."

I have no way to change the name as it does not exist on the listing !

I tried creating a voice scene in C4 with same results.

Any ideas ????

Solved.

very disappointed in my dealer who is usually bang on.

When I had him replace the Epic driver for the C4 Alexa driver I noticed that the “Scenario” part of old driver was still in the project.The reply to my query was that the driver was not active. The trouble is that the scenarios ( scenes in C4 ) where still recognized by Alexa, what a cluster f…. this created. I am pissed. I spent hours barking up the wrong tree and of course this has fired up the idea of getting rid of automation from the one that is always right !

Alexa turn off the noise "