C4 Forums | Control4

For Sale: C4 Chime Video Doorbells & EA3 Controller

bballjn64

(2) Control 4 Chime Video Doorbells (WiFi) - C4-VDB-W-SN (satin nickel)

• Used, works perfect, just replaced with a Unifi camera system and doorbells
  • $250 each or $450 for the pair

Control4 EA3 V2 Controller with Rackmount. - C4-EA3-V2

• Used, works perfect, system increased in size and controller was upgraded to EA5.
  • $200

33 minutes ago, AshMania said:

Curious - why the switch from C4 doorbell to Unifi Access?

It's a bit of a long-winded reasoning and process that got me here, but here goes.

I originally was setup by my C4 dealer with Araknis (via SnapAV/SnapOne) networking equipment (router, switch, access points). But as my home network grew and I spent more time tinkering, I was not a fan of the Araknis management tools, interface, way over priced equipment cost, and especially the dealer-only access to buying it. I did some research and immediately became a fan of the Unifi platform regarding the pricing, ability to purchase it without a dealer, management tools, user interface, and the cohesive network environment. I originally swapped out my network equipment and installed a handful of Unifi cameras, and very much liked the Unifi protect camera system and app. The only draw back was Unifi wouldn't allow my C4 doorbells to stream via RTSP to the Unifi NVR,. so it required I have different apps for monitoring different cameras. 

In the end, I was able to utilize all the features I cared about with the C4 doorbells (doorbell button press trigger, motion detection, remote viewing) with the Unifi doorbells, and a Unifi driver to integrate with C4.

59 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

C4 chime does rtsp...

The only draw back was Unifi wouldn't allow my C4 doorbells to stream via RTSP to the Unifi NVR…”

yes the chime does, Unifi won’t allow it. 

41 minutes ago, bballjn64 said:

The only draw back was Unifi wouldn't allow my C4 doorbells to stream via RTSP to the Unifi NVR…”

yes the chime does, Unifi won’t allow it. 

Sorry. Didn't understand what you meant the first time 

On 4/20/2024 at 5:18 PM, bballjn64 said:

It's a bit of a long-winded reasoning and process that got me here, but here goes.

I originally was setup by my C4 dealer with Araknis (via SnapAV/SnapOne) networking equipment (router, switch, access points). But as my home network grew and I spent more time tinkering, I was not a fan of the Araknis management tools, interface, way over priced equipment cost, and especially the dealer-only access to buying it. I did some research and immediately became a fan of the Unifi platform regarding the pricing, ability to purchase it without a dealer, management tools, user interface, and the cohesive network environment. I originally swapped out my network equipment and installed a handful of Unifi cameras, and very much liked the Unifi protect camera system and app. The only draw back was Unifi wouldn't allow my C4 doorbells to stream via RTSP to the Unifi NVR,. so it required I have different apps for monitoring different cameras. 

In the end, I was able to utilize all the features I cared about with the C4 doorbells (doorbell button press trigger, motion detection, remote viewing) with the Unifi doorbells, and a Unifi driver to integrate with C4.

Do agree with UniFi being a closed system, but have you tried this?  https://github.com/keshavdv/unifi-cam-proxy?tab=readme-ov-file#readme or https://pypi.org/project/unifi-cam-proxy/

1 hour ago, AshMania said:

Do agree with UniFi being a closed system, but have you tried this?  https://github.com/keshavdv/unifi-cam-proxy?tab=readme-ov-file#readme or https://pypi.org/project/unifi-cam-proxy/

This was my first stop when trying to integrate the C4 doorbells with Unifi Protect, but the result I came to was that it only worked on older versions of Unifi Protect, and it no longer works on the updated versions.

9 minutes ago, bballjn64 said:

This was my first stop when trying to integrate the C4 doorbells with Unifi Protect, but the result I came to was that it only worked on older versions of Unifi Protect, and it no longer works on the updated versions.

Good to know but also not :). Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.